Danby dehumidifier - auto timer function ???

Old 06-06-16, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Danby dehumidifier - auto timer function ???

Danby Dehumidifier Model #DDR45B1GP... Having problems getting the Auto Timer Function to work properly.. The objective is to set the Unit to operate only during the Off Peak Hours here in Ontario.. Have followed the prompts in the Manual , according to the settings you can choose between 0.0 to 24 which I take it to be a 24 hr clock ??? Right off the get go Danby uses the Hour Glass Symbols and their interpretation shows On with the Hour Glass full on the bottom and Off with the Hour Glass Full on the Top.... Unit works on Continuous Mode and in the On position just fine , problems just with Auto Timer.. What am I doing wrong, ideas & help appreciated ..Cheers Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-16, 10:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Looks like a confusing issue to set the timer. I've never seen one of those actually turn the unit on and off by timer. I've seen many with delayed start and some with auto shutoff after set hours but not do both.

Follow these steps to program the Auto-On or Auto-Off feature using the control panel:
Auto-Off:
1) When the unit is on, and the TIMER button is pressed, the Timer Off indicator light illuminates indicates that the Auto-Off program is initiated.
2) Press or hold the UP or DOWN button to change the ‘Auto’ time by 0.5 hour increments, up to 10 hours (then at 1 hour increments up to 24 hours). The unit control will count down the time remaining until start.
3) In the 5 seconds after setting Auto Off time press the TIMER button again to complete the Auto-Off program.

Auto-On:
4) When the unit is off, and the TIMER button is pressed, the Auto-On program is initiated. Set the Auto-On time as in step 2 above. In the 5 seconds after setting Auto-On time press the TIMER button again to complete the Auto On program. NOTE: When the Auto On & Auto Off times are set, within the same program sequence, TIMER ON OFF indicator lights illuminate indicating that both ON and OFF times are now programmed.

NOTE: Turning the unit ON or OFF at any time, changing the On/Off timer setting to 0.0, and a P2 error code will cancel the Auto-On/Off function.

Old 06-06-16, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
@PJmax... Thanks for the Comeback.. Have Discovered @ For Whatever Reason should the Power be cut to the Unit.. One has to ReSet Auto Timer from the Beginning.. To Set Auto Off Unit has to be Powered On.. To Set Auto On Power has to be Cut to the Unit.. Sure Hope my Fat Finger Syndrome doen't get the Better of Me..lol.. Cheers Thanks