Honeywell HE220A humidifier pressure switch

Old 11-30-16, 07:51 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Honeywell HE220A humidifier pressure switch

I have installed a Furnace Humidifier and I am having problems with the pressure switch.

I have a Honeywell HE220A in the following wire configuration; Transformer to Humidistat to Pressure Switch to Humidifier back to Transformer.

The pressure switch is mounted on the return with a hose going to the return and the supply duct as per the instructions (I also tried it with the supply duct hose removed.)

I take the pressure switch out of the loop and everything works.
When I put the Pressure Switch in the loop it does not seem to work.
I canít keep the water for the humidifier running all the time so this is not a practical solution.

How do I get the Pressure Switch to work OR can I leave it out of the circuit and wire the circuit to the furnace blower so when the blower turns on the water will run?

DIY has a solution (as per http://www.doityourself.com/forum/hu...-switch.html#b, post #6)

"let's throw out the pressure switch and transformer and wire this to your furnace"
but the diagram link (http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9631/he220vg9.jpg) is not found

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-16, 11:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That old diagram was on a non DIY site and it was deleted by its owner. I like to post my diagrams directly to the board.

The pressure switch must be mounted vertically and usually if you use both lines.... one to each duct.... the pressure switch works fine. Honeywell store/hkit2a1001-u-installation-kit-bypass.pdf

You can't connect directly to the blower but we may be able to connect to the control board.
A make and model of the furnace would be needed or a part number off the control box would be good too. The ID plate is on the side wall inside near the burner. The control box is probably down with the blower.

Old 12-15-16, 08:21 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Requested information from last message.

Thanks for responding. Sorry for the delayed response.

I did mount the pressure switch vertically using both lines one to each duct as per the instructions and the pressure switch still doesnít work.

Re: bypassing the pressure switch and connecting to the control board

Make: NUGK
Model:NUGK100DH12

Control Box Part Number: Honeywell S86 E
(Furnace Ignition control)

Old 12-16-16, 01:11 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
I need you to confirm this is the board you have. Check and see if you can locate the terminal labeled HUM like circled in the picture.

If yes.... this is a 120v connection and you will need to use the 120v - 24vac transformer.

Name:  hum n=board.jpg
Views: 1888
Size:  52.4 KB