Humidifier will not turn on

Old 12-13-16, 05:12 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Humidifier will not turn on

Hello.

I have a Honeywell Truesteam controlled via a TrueIAQ humidistat. When I originally installed the unit, I did not wire the TrueIAQ with terminals W & G hooked up (probably because the instructions did not inform me of this).

The unit would call for fan and everything was okay. Well, the wife was getting annoyed because the unit would be calling for humidifier throughout the night. The constant fan being on would also cause the temp to drop and then it would be a constant battle back and forth between the heater and the humidifier.

Anyways, I was looking in the TrueIAQ manual and found where I could set the humidifier to only come on when heat or the fan is called for. The diagram just said to wire W - W & G - G between the thermostat and the humidistat. I made these connections directly between the two stats but no matter what, when heat or fan is called for, the humidifier will not come on. The only way I can get the humidifier is to return to my old settings of having the humidifier call for fan.

What am I missing?

Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-16, 05:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
You don't need to use the G unless you want the humidifier to activate the fan..... you don't.

The W terminal is what turns the humidifier on.

You need R, C and W connected from the IAQ humidistat to the furnace.

Old 12-13-16, 05:40 PM
T
Thanks. I will check out the wiring tomorrow.

Old 12-14-16, 02:33 PM
T
Attached is a line drawing I made with my current setup. The only change (not depicted) I made last night to test out your suggestion was to connect W from IAQ to the W on the furnace using the green and yellow wires (lines indicated with an 'X'). After doing this, and setting the IAQ menu option 25 to 0 (HUM only while heat on), the humidifier would still not kick on when heat was called.

Does it matter that my system is a dual fuel unit (i.e. heat pump/gas furnace)?

Name:  TrueIAQ Wiring.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  11.3 KB

Old 12-15-16, 04:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
I don't use the IAQ hstat. I use the Aprilaire one. Honeywell has made it uneedingly difficult to wire.

I think this diagram should work for you.

Name:  TrueIAQ Wiring.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  22.4 KB

Old 12-15-16, 05:03 PM
T
Thanks. That didn't work either. Does it make a difference that I have dual fuel heat (heatpump/furnace)?