Haier dehumidifier not dripping

Old 05-26-18, 05:00 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Haier dehumidifier not dripping

Hi. I just took out this new or dehumidifier from storage over the winter and turned it on and over the next several hours it just blows air out with no water in the bucket. I noticed that when I set the dehumidifier setting Lower it would automatically jump back up to a different number. Any ideas? And thank you

Old 05-26-18, 10:48 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

When you set the humidity level the display is showing you the setting.
After a few seconds the display goes back to actual humidity in the room.

You need to confirm that the compressor is starting. It usually causes the unit to vibrate. The compressor gets warm to hot. The coil directly behind the front filter is the cold evaporator coil. If the compressor is running and that coil is not cold.... you've lost the refrigerant to a leak.

Old 06-02-18, 01:55 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 14 Upvotes on 11 Posts
down vote

My experience with dehumidifiers is that most usually last 2-3 years. I had 1 that lasted 7-8 years but that was a rare experience. I buy them at a store that has a cheap 3 year warranty. So far I have used the warranty 3 times on different units. It is a cheap way to extend the life of the unit. This works for me since the cost of repair is usually close to or exceeds the cost of the unit. As for normal cycles, mine is set for 40% and it runs until that humidity level is reached. There is never any ice build-up or should there be. Ice build-up occurs when the refrigerant charge is low, the filter is dirty, or it is running in an area where the ambient temperature is below it's recommended temperature.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: