Another Aprilaire 500M / ecobee3 install question/problem

Old 01-08-17, 08:58 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Another Aprilaire 500M / ecobee3 install question/problem

I seem to have a very basic setup, now that I just ran new 8-wire wire from my ecobee3 to my furnace. (I had only 4 before and used the PEK.) I installed a new Aprilaire 500M bypass humidifier, but it never engages. Since I had the new wires, I thought I'd just connect ACC+ and ACC- directly to the solenoid valve on the Humidifier, and leave the manual humidistat and the 120/24VAC transformer out of the mix.

This setup, however is not working, as the solenoid never opens with a call for humidity.

I setup the ecobee settings for 2-wires evaporative. I have also verified that the humidifier itself works, when given a constant 24vac from the transformer, instead of connected to Acc+ and Acc-.

Reading through the last post on this issue, it seems like the answer was to go from a 2-wire to a 1-wire setup? Here's a diagram of how I have it currently, including the disconnected transformer and humidistat, but please use my terminal designations on those if I should connect some of those to various other things.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeremy

Old 01-08-17, 10:57 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,047 Upvotes on 3,631 Posts
I changed your diagram. Set stat up for one wire operation.
Not sure what the letter T on furnace stands for. It should be C.
Since this is AC... there is no polarity to follow.

Name:  eawrsMp.jpg
Views: 2252
Size:  16.0 KB

Old 01-08-17, 11:30 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Did the trick. The T vs. C was confusing when I first connected everything, but the wires were blue, and trying to decipher the diagram on the door of the furnace, I had concluded that it was indeed a "C" as it connected to a C at some point (It's a Lennox from the early 90s.)

Quick follow up questions: Why didn't "2-wire" work in this situation?

Old 01-08-17, 11:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,047 Upvotes on 3,631 Posts
I can't answer that question as I'm not totally familiar with that stat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: