Wire Humidistat to Humidifer to Solenoid Valve

Old 01-10-17, 07:44 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wire Humidistat to Humidifer to Solenoid Valve

Hello,

I purchased a new humidistat (Honeywell H6062A1000) that has R and C terminals (24 VAC) and 2 U terminals (to humidifier). I am trying to connect it to an American Standard humidifier (AHUMD500APA00BA) and a 24 VAC solenoid valve. My old humidistat only had R and C terminals so I was unable to replicate the previous wiring.

The configuration is as follows:

1) 2 Yellow Wires from Solenoid Valve
2) 4 wires from humdifier (2 brown, 2 yellow)
3) 4 wires from Humidistat (1 red, 1 white, 1 green, 1 blue)

The part that is most confusing to me is how to connect the 2 yellow solenoid valve wires and the 4 Humidistat wires (1 red, 1 white, 1 green, 1 blue) to the 4 humidifier wires (2 yellow and 2 brown).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank You,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-17, 10:06 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
Both products I'm not fully familiar with.

It looks to me like the humidifier has an AC plug on it and two wires coming out of it.

How do/did you turn on your old humidifier ?

Name:  Trane 500.JPG
Views: 1366
Size:  38.7 KB

Old 01-10-17, 11:40 AM
S
Hello,

The humidifier has not changed. The humidistat has changed. The humidifier draws it's power from the 120 VAC Power source. On the circuit board of the humidifier there is a transformer which converts the 120 VAC to low voltage (24 VAC). Where I am not sure what to do is with the 4 wires (2 yellow and 2 brown) that are inside the humidifier coming out of the backend of the power extension cable.

Previously the 2 yellow solenoid valve wires were connected to the 2 yellow wires and the 2 24 VAC wires were connected to the 2 brown wires. The 2 brown and 2 yellow wires are inside the humidifier in the bottom right corner. The wires are coming out of the back of the power extension plug. Basically the male connectors are on the fan portion of the humidifier and the female connectors are located on the mounted part. The female connectors have 4 wires coming out of the back (2 brown and 2 yellow) which I am trying to figure out how connect to the solenoid valve (2 wires) and humidistat (4 wires).

Here is a link to a similar power extension cable that the humidifier uses:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-...c-669b4939133b

Of course, they are not connected as in the picture.

Thank You,
Dave

Old 01-10-17, 11:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
I'm temporarily at a loss. I've looked at several installation instructions and 4 wires are not shown. I need to locate the info you have. If you have the install diagram it should have a publication number on it.

Old 01-11-17, 09:27 AM
S
Hi,

Unfortuantely, I do not have that. The control board has the two yellow wires going to the Solenoid valve and the 2 brown wires going to the R and C terminals of the humidistat. Maybe the U terminals on the humidistat are not needed in this case?

Thank You,
Dave