Aprilaire 600m Wiring

Old 01-28-17, 08:22 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 600m Wiring

Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to wire my Aprilaire 600M. I have looked over all of the various wiring diagrams, but non of them seem to fit my situation. Attached is an image of what I thought would work, but apparently not. The idea was to get the humidifier to turn on when a call for heat is made and the humidifier sensed I needed more humidity.

Name:  APRILAIRE 600M WIRING.jpg
Views: 4816
Size:  10.4 KB

That is kinda what I thought would be how I should set this up. The HVAC (electric heatpump) unit is a Trane.

I have a Trane Comfortlink II thermostat with the humidifier function, is it possible to use that to control the aprilaire 600m? I planned on using the manual control that came with the unit initially just to get it working. but if you guys think hooking up to the Comfortlink would be just as easy/hard, I would be willing to try that. The image is what the board in my Trane unit has as well.

Name:  accessory board.jpg
Views: 2455
Size:  41.0 KB

Old 01-29-17, 09:04 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It won't work as you wired. The W's are input terminals.
Technically you need a current sensing switch that clip on the blower motor wiring.

I see in your picture..... red is on R, blue is on B, what letter is green on ?

Aprilaire-50-Sensing-Relay-24-volt/dp/B002T0ZTNC

Old 01-29-17, 03:40 PM
W
Green is on D which reads as 12 vdc.

So I am thinking I might be able to skip the manual control, although if I did go the manual rout I think I would just buy the current sensing switch. I did a little more investigating and came across the a panel I had not noticed before.

Name:  DSC_0114.jpg
Views: 1989
Size:  38.9 KB

Can I use the HUM terminal to attach directly to my Humidifier? Also a pic of all the wires going to my board from the thermostat (with humidistat functions), heatpump and water drain pump.

Name:  DSC_0103.jpg
Views: 2171
Size:  27.1 KB

link for better quality

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxq...ew?usp=sharing

Old 01-29-17, 06:17 PM
W
Would this work?

Name:  New Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views: 7019
Size:  11.4 KB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxq...ew?usp=sharing

Just tie in the blue and red with the respective thermostat wire nuts shown in the earlier pics?

Old 01-29-17, 07:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Can I use the HUM terminal to attach directly to my Humidifier?
The HUM and N terminals are 120vac. You show using the transformer which is correct.

Not sure about the comfortlink II terminals.

Old 02-01-17, 07:19 PM
W
Been trying to find a manual or something for the Comfortlink II. I was able to track down its specific model number TCONT900AC43UAA.

Old 03-16-18, 08:17 AM
B
i have an aprilaire 600a and the controller says 36% no matter what i do or turn the dial too. This is the automatic version with the humidistat outside. If i turn the controller to manual it will open the solenoid for water, but it does not seem to be working otherwise unless i turn the dial far right to test it. I bought a new humidistat for the outdoors, but to no avail. Can someone help?

thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: