How to resolve humid issues in the whole house?

Old 05-27-17, 05:43 AM
C
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
How to resolve humid issues in the whole house?

I have a humid issue in my house. I'm not sure why my house has so much water. I run two 70pt dehumidifier and everyday the tank is full. Some days it's half-day before the tank is full already in the kitchen. So, how do I resolve this issue once and for all? I am considering a central or whole home dehumidifier. In the winter all my windows are wet and a few were molding. Will a whole home resolve the issue? If so, what are some good brand and model of whole home dehumidifier?

Old 05-27-17, 06:35 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Normally the AC will take care of the humidity. Can you give us more info on the AC and Furnace?

Old 05-27-17, 10:25 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
The first issue is how is all that water entering your home. Best is to stop or severely limit the water at it's source so you're not constantly having to burn electrons to try and condense the moisture out of the air. Does your house have a basement, crawl space or is it on a slab? Do you know how your house is insulated and whether or not it has a vapor barrier of some type? Do you use a vent hood that exhausts outside when cooking?

To get the most of what you already have get your dehumidifiers hooked up with drain hoses. That way they never fill and stop. With a drain hose they can keep working 24/7 to fight the humidity.

Old 05-27-17, 11:44 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Is your hot water heated with gas. If so, how is that vented to outside?

Bud

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: