Looking for a small whole house humidifier

Old 09-07-17, 05:43 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 303
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Looking for a small whole house humidifier

I'm trying to fit a small whole house humidifier into my duct work but the problem I have is I need one with a small foot print because the top of the air handler needs to curve into the supply duct and I don't have a large area to mount this.

I was looking at the Aprilaire model 500 but this may be too large of an opening..if there are other options I would love to hear them.

I am currently using an older 700 series powered humidifier but the opening is too large. It will work, but I need to curve the new ducting on top the air handler.

I can try to post a pic later tonight, but my supply duct basically comes out of the air handler and turns 90 deg with about 12-14" of rise.
Old 09-07-17, 08:38 AM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 9,747
Received 1,209 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
I don't recall the model but I've seen smaller units that were connected to the duct vis 4" hoses so the unit itself could mount somewhere other than on the duct.
Old 09-07-17, 11:59 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 63,163
Received 3,633 Upvotes on 3,255 Posts
A couple of pictures would be helpful.

Marq is talking about a bypass humidifier. The unit goes on supply or return and the connecting line goes to the opposite duct.

There are remote steam models but they are quite pricey.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: