Wiring humidifier controller to furnace...

Old 01-05-18, 06:44 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring humidifier controller to furnace...

Made a bonehead move. I had to unhook the two humidifier wires from my furnace board so I could better run the line. I took a photo so I had a reference when hooking it back up...but I was using the phone as a flashlight and it ran out of juice and I lost the photo. And now I'm not 100% sure which wire goes where. I know one wire went to C and the other to W1 on the furnace board, but again, not sure which—and hoping someone can help?

The setup is a pretty basic 2-wire run. The wires go from the controller (Aprilaire 4655 manual humidifier controller) to furnace, with one of those two wires tied into a solenoid valve (Aprilaire 4040) before going to the furnace, as follows:

- White wire from controller (Aprilaire 4655) to solenoid valve (Aprilaire 4040) to furnace.

- Red wire from (Aprilaire 4655) direct to furnace.

Just wondering which goes to C and which goes to W1? I'm pretty sure the white wire goes to C and the red to W1, but I'm not 100% and would love some advice.

Thanks,
Kristin.

Old 01-05-18, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Since the voltage is 24 VAC..... AC..... there is no polarity.
You could put either wire on C or W.

Old 01-05-18, 07:15 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Hooked it back up and all is working again! Thanks again!
k.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: