Solenoid failure and repair Honeywell HE 265A

Old 01-08-18, 06:20 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Solenoid failure and repair Honeywell HE 265A

A couple of days ago I realized that my house was very dry. Sure enough, my furnace humidifier was not working. I tested the wires on the solenoid and found that there was power. When I turned up the humistat, the solenoid clicked, which showed me that it was trying to work, but would not allow the water to flow to the humidifier.
I shut the water off, disconnected the line from the solenoid, and turned it back on. There was plenty of water flow. I then removed the solenoid and disassembled it to find a lot of corrosion on the inside. I put white vinegar in a cup and soaked all of the parts for 24 hours, then proceeded to scrub them with a brush until they looked clean. I then wiped them down and allowed them to dry completely.
I hooked everything back up, and to my amazement, it worked! Considering the fact that a new solenoid runs between $60 and $100, why not just get the old one going again?
I know most of the posts say to replace the solenoid, so I am going to keep a close watch to see if mine keeps performing well.
Hope this helps someone, Tom

Sponsored Links