Humidifier and/or Furnace Issue

Old 03-24-18, 05:15 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Humidifier and/or Furnace Issue

Hoping someone has seen this before. We have a new (2 years) Daiken furnace installed. We have a fairly new (5 years) Aprilaire whole house humidifier installed. Recently I have noticed that the furnace simply will not turn on unless the humidifier is turned down "below" the current humidity level (click). When the furnace is supposed to be on and it is not, I can go down and turn the humidifier down and the furnace immediately turns back on.

When this condition occurs, I should point out that the humidifier is on and water is flowing through it, just the furnace won't turn on. This occurs with a Nest and an Ecobee thermostat. Filters have been changed/ruled out.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-18, 01:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

When you connect an Aprilaire bypass humidifier to a nest or ecobee.... there is no humidistat inline. One of the solenoid wires goes to C at the furnace and the other goes to the * on a nest or ACC+ on an ecobee.

Old 03-25-18, 12:47 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pete. My humidistat has the two wires, one is going to the furnace panel and the other leads to the humidifier itself to kick the water on. I should add that when the furnace kicks on, I can turn the humidifier on and the furnace will continue to run for it's cycle with the humidifier, it just won't kick on the next time until I set the humidifier level low.

Old 03-25-18, 12:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
So no nest or ecobee ??

The automatic version of the humidistat can be wired to activate the blower when humidity is required regardless of thermostat setting. It sounds like it was wired wrong.

I'm going to need to see pictures of the wiring.
Picture of the humidistat wiring and the furnace wiring.
How-to-insert-pictures