Need Help Tidying Up Aprilaire 500M Install

Old 03-29-18, 03:27 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Help Tidying Up Aprilaire 500M Install

I installed an Aprilaire 500M humidifier, and it's working well. I would like to clean up the installation and make it as neat as possible. I used foil tape on all of the joints, including where the rigid duct connects to the humidifier. Is this okay, or should I have used HVAC sealant at the humidifier bypass connection? I also did not trim the plastic drain line yet, because I wasn't sure how to secure it. Is there some type of bracket that I can use to keep it flat/secure? Would it be better to use PVC all the way up instead of the plastic hose? I also have the thermostat wire running from the solenoid down to the control board. Right now, I just have it taped to the side of the unit, but I want to make it neater. It's just hanging there with the wire nuts sticking out. Does the install look okay otherwise? I am open to any criticism, as I want my work to look as tidy as possible. I don't have a lot of HVAC experience, so I am trying to learn as much as possible.

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-18, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
The install looks fine. The foil tape is ok for sealing the ducts.

I use plastic cable clamps for my installations. When you install them...... be mindful of where the A/C coils is. You don't want to put a screw into the coil. I usually keep them close to the corners of the ductwork where they are away from the coil. The link below is for one size. If you look down the page you'll see other sizes. Depot also has packs of multiple assorted sizes in their electrical area. Use short self drilling screws.

Gardner-Bender-3-8-x-1-4-in-One-Hole-Plastic-Cable-Clamps