Lennox WB2-12 Humidifier leaking

Old 06-08-18, 06:01 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox WB2-12 Humidifier leaking

Hi, my Lennon WB2-12 humidifier is leaking. What is happening is the water is splashing from the top of the tray and onto the cover. The splashing eventually adds up to the point water starts leaking from the bottom of the humidifier. I have tried several different pads and they all have the same splashing problem. So I think this may not be a pad issue. The rate that water flows into the pad looks reasonable, so I don't think it is to blame. I post a video of this splashing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C-7_h0Pcqo. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Old 06-08-18, 08:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The water should enter a tray and then be spread out and delivered across the entire pad.
Is the entire pad being wetted ?

There may be holes in the tray above the pad that are clogged. I'm not familiar with that one but the Aprilaire units get clogged with lime and need to be cleaned.

If all that is ok then there may be a reducer in the water line after the solenoid that has become enlarged allowing too much water into the unit.

Old 06-11-18, 08:59 AM
T
I think the entire pad is receiving water.

I did clean the tray so I know all holes are good.

The reducer is really old and was my thought as well. Perhaps changing it is something I should try. Would you know of directions on how to do this?

Old 06-11-18, 09:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
The orifice is shown in this link. Works in Aprilaires or your unit. Possibly it's missing or worn. It allows a trickle of water to allow for controlled water use.
appliance factory parts/part/276018/108905/

Your manual........
lennoxpros/docs/Technical/504880M.pdf
Name:  wb12.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  22.3 KB

Old 06-20-18, 08:40 AM
T
When I click on the link you gave me, I see a part called NOZZLE RED FOR APRILAIRE. Is this the same thing as an orifice? Thank you for the help.

Last edited by teamm; 06-20-18 at 08:40 AM. Reason: misspelling

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: