Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Reload this Page >

I'm looking for a commercial/industrial dehumidifier with hose that removes

I'm looking for a commercial/industrial dehumidifier with hose that removes

Old 06-11-18, 02:02 PM
Question I'm looking for a commercial/industrial dehumidifier with hose that removes

I'm looking for a commercial/industrial dehumidifier with hose that removes a lot of water per hour or whatever the metric is and the hose can transfer it straight down the drain. It should have a hose at least 8 feet long.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-18, 02:26 PM
Group Moderator
Do you have a question we can help you with?

Old 06-11-18, 02:30 PM
What do I look for to make sure I am getting a dehumidifier that will dry a full basement under a 2000 sq foot home in a day or two at most?

Old 06-11-18, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
You could be getting in the area of a high dollar commercial unit like....
Ebac-Commercial-Dehumidifier
A unit that has a decent size blower for moving air throughout a large area.

There are also name brand units like those from Friedrich that may perform well.
I have this unit and it's a good performer.
Friedrich-D70BP-Dehumidifier-built-Continuous

Most come with a 3/4" threaded drain fitting that uses a standard garden hose for a drain.

Old 06-12-18, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by David Greer
I'm looking for a commercial/industrial dehumidifier with hose that removes a lot of water per hour or whatever the metric is and the hose can transfer it straight down the drain. It should have a hose at least 8 feet long.
Well, for comparison, 29 gallon per day unit
is about $2,500 new, about $1,500 used, or about $75 per day to rent if you can find it at home depot.

Old 06-12-18, 05:53 AM
Is 70 pints per day enough to handle a puddle in the basement that forms after heavy rain before the water that created it can do much damage in the areas in came in through? Your best guess will do.

Last edited by David Geer; 06-12-18 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Experts had already provided the other data
Old 06-12-18, 06:00 AM
I'd be more concerned as where the water is coming from. Do you have a basement leak?
And yes I think a 70 pint unit should handle the humidity if that is in fact what is causing the water puddle.

Old 06-12-18, 06:15 AM
The water is probably coming from heavy rain due in part to insufficient drainage pipes etc put in by the city and partly due to the landscape around my house not slanting down on enough of a decline away from the house. The landscape slants down some but perhaps it should be at a sharper angle. If you have suggestions for either of those issues or need to see pictures of the angle of the land away from the house, let me know. I am hoping it will help some to have a strong dehumidifier in the basement right where the puddle forms, assuming it's near where the water comes in during a heavy rain. That way the water gets dried up before it can do too much damage.

Old 06-12-18, 06:27 AM
The water sitting on the concrete in of itself won't damage anything. But the humid conditions can contribute to possible mold. So, yes you want to dehumidify. Apparently you have a dip in the floor were water can puddle. If your soil is graded away from your foundation and you're still getting a large amount of water seepage from outside water, then perhaps you need to install a French drain.

assuming it's near where the water comes in during a heavy rain.
Do you have a foundation crack at the area?

Old 06-13-18, 01:31 PM
https://www.santa-fe-products.com/ the best residential units IMO.