I have an old "LOBB"WA-1 humidifier.looking ''

Old 10-22-18, 03:59 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I have an old "LOBB"WA-1 humidifier.looking ''

needs a new drum motor....clicking noise. I have not found any new----Drum pads- for it anywhere

.If you were in the market for a new setup for the same "-hole in the downdraft plenum.What would you buy and/or where would i get pads and motor...............and the small plastic coupling for drum shaft?Ihave looked everywhere but can't turn one up. Ideas please and thank you much for reading my post

ps the pads have gone when you do find one.......from $7.00--to over $30.00 WHEN YOU do find them
Bob s

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-18, 10:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
You can always find the pads but like you found out...... you'll pay dearly.

You'd need to remove the unit to get the actual cut opening size. It may require a plate to be installed and the new unit cut into that. I use Aprilaire 600's mostly. That is a bypass type unit. Can mount in the return plenum with a duct line over to the supply side. These unit use a continuous water supply and have a drain line. There is no water stored inside the unit. No reservoir.

Old 10-23-18, 05:41 AM
B
You use mostly
April air" units? Sounds like they don't last long -the way reply is worded??? What are you paying for the April Air unit?? thanks bob s

I just found a couple of drum pads one looks exactly like mine --the other has no netting on the o/s anyone know any more about these? .

Last edited by bsa_bob2; 10-23-18 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-23-18, 10:45 AM
Group Moderator
I install them for customers. I have an older version in my own house that is about ten years old.
I see them in the $150 dollar range.

Old 10-24-18, 07:08 AM
B
thanks PJ---------------Putting much money in parts........and do to- the main part not being made or sold.I won't invest in a motor or filter.might be the smartest idea aayy? bob s

Old 10-24-18, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
The bypass type units have no moving parts. It's a media filter that the water trickles down and soaks. The hot air blows thru the media and picks up moisture. The unused water runs out of a drain tube to waste. Not the most environmentally sensitive if you have water shortage issues.

I change my media pad every other year..... although every year is recommended.
I think my pad is around $10.