Aprilaire 60 Humidifier Controller - no power to solenoid

Old 12-02-18, 05:28 PM
Aprilaire 60 Humidifier Controller - no power to solenoid

Hi all,
I just purchased a blower activation aprilaire 60 humidifier controller. I double checked and am fairly confident I have this wired correctly. The humidifier controller will call for humidity with "Humidifier On" light illuminated, but the humidifier is not turning on. With the light on I have measured 0 voltage on both H terminals on the humidistat. Any ideas? Could this be a defective humidistat?
Thanks,
Josh

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-18, 06:07 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like a wiring problem....
There won't be any voltage measured on the H terminals.
Those terminals are on a relay. When actively calling for humidity.... H is shorted to H.

Old 12-02-18, 08:43 PM
Thanks PJmax for the reply. Ok I see. So I should be able to measure voltage at the solenoid though correct? I replaced another Aprilaire humidistat that had a bad display. That one could still enter reset/test mode and I could hear the solenoid cycle so I am hoping the solenoid still is functional. But now I canít get any response from the solenoid. Iíll climb back down into the crawl space with the black widows to take another stab at it but might end up calling in the pros.
thanks again,
josh

Old 12-02-18, 08:55 PM
Group Moderator
You need a source of 24vAC to open the solenoid. You either use a separate transformer or a connection to the furnace board. The HH terminals are just a switch that interrupts that 24v source to the solenoid.

Old 12-05-18, 06:45 PM
SOLVED

Thanks PJmax. You nailed it. My old setup was a 400 & 58 combo. I got a new 60 humidistat and re-did the wiring per that manual. There ended up not even being a transformer in the old setup somehow. So I bought one today at Ace, wired it up next to the solenoid, and now everything works great.
Thanks!

Old 12-05-18, 07:11 PM
Group Moderator
Good job. Thanks for letting us know how you made out.