Aprilaire 500M wiring to furnace control board

Old 12-28-18, 08:30 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 500M wiring to furnace control board

First off, I think this website is great and I have read lots of tips over the last year. I've read a few threads on the topic but the application always seems to be a little different each time, so I think I need some specific help on wiring up my humidifier.
I have installed an Aprilaire 500M and I am stuck on the final part, wiring it up. My furnace control panel has a HUM 24VAC terminal so I assume I don't need the 24 VAC transformer that came with my humidifier. Attached is an image from the internet of my furnace control board (1172809) as well as one I took of the actual unit. The humidifier came with the manual humidistat (model 4655) which I have installed but I'm not sure how to wire the solenoid to the humidistat to the furnace control board. My control board has the following terminals: HUM24VAC - R - C - W2 - W1 - Y/Y2 - G. Any help on how to wire it up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-18, 09:22 AM
A
Received 44 Votes on 39 Posts
You are on the right track as no extra transformer is needed. See drawing in post #9 - https://www.doityourself.com/forum/h...tallation.html

Old 12-28-18, 11:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Name:  550M.JPG
Views: 1320
Size:  46.1 KB

Old 12-28-18, 05:25 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Astuff and PJmax for the quick response. I have another silly question, the humidistat has two terminals, do I just connect the live wire into one terminal and then out the other or does it matter?

Old 12-28-18, 05:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
It's just one series loop. There is no polarity on the humidistat or the solenoid.