Rheem and Aprilaire 560

Old 01-01-19, 07:06 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rheem and Aprilaire 560

6-7 years ago I had furnaced replaced with 80% one from Rheem. The installer re-used the Aprilaire 560 which was fine with me. Shortly after I had to move but people who live there never complained so I figured all was good.

Now I am back in the house I dont think the 560 is working as supposed to. Sometimes (very few times) water flows thru 560 as it is supposed to when furnace is in heat cycle, most of the times is not when humidistat is set at max level. This always used to work on the old furnace. Old furnace had some sort of solenoid relay sensing to tell humidstat to turn on the water flow.

From what I am seeing, the installer re-used the transformer to hook it up with the controller board. I opended up and to my suprise I see HUM connection which is not used. See pic. I am pretty sure the humidifer side is OK as I already replaced the humidistat and the transformer.

Anyone has idea what should I look for .. outside of calling local guy who will try to sell me new furnace ?

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-19, 08:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
The transformer and the control board are not usually connected together.
Does your 560 have an AC power cord attached to it ?

I need the part number off that control board. I believe that is for a humidistat to control the A/C system to dehumidify..... not for humidifier control.