Aprilaire 560 with 4016 Humidistat general question

Old 03-08-19, 08:18 PM
Aprilaire 560 with 4016 Humidistat general question

If I leave the thermostat at 68 degrees, and I leave the humidistat at 45%, the highest setting, the furnace will be running with the blower to maintain 68 degrees, but the humidifier does not kick on unless I up the thermostat a degree to 69. Did same test where the humidifier was not kicking on even though furnace running because the temperature was 68, so I lowered the temp to 67, then when I changed it back to 68 the humidifier kicked on.

Is this how it's supposed work? I would like more humidity in the house so I thought it would run whenever the furnace and blower was on, but that only seems to be true if the temp in the house is lower that what the thermostat is set to, and once it's the same the humidifier kicks off even if they furnace keeps running to maintain the temp.

As a work around, I guess I'll start lowering the temp to like 65 at times, overnight for example, and back up to 68 in the morning.... but wanted to make sure it's functioning as expected or if I need to replace the humidistat? All other parts are good and even just replaced the solenoid valve.

Thanks,
Brady

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-19, 08:52 AM
Hi, where is the humidistat located in the house and what is the actual humidity?
Who wired up the humidistat and where is it connected?
Geo

Last edited by Geochurchi; 03-11-19 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-11-19, 07:34 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Something is not right. It doesn't sound like a humidistat problem. If I had to guess I'd say it's where the humidifier is connected to the furnace.

Model of the furnace would be helpful. It can be found inside on the sidewall near the burner.
A picture of the control board would be helpful. It's usually down in the blower section.
How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 03-13-19, 05:29 PM
Pics

Pics attached. I will try to get the other info requested as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Brady

Attached Images