Nest and 1 wire or 2 wire dehumidifier ?

Old 07-21-19, 04:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nest and 1 wire or 2 wire dehumidifier ?

I'm in a similar circumstance. The Nest instructions quickly pointed me in the direction of hiring a contractor. Wanted to give the forums a shot and see if there is a simple solution.

Recently purchased a gen3 nest and I have a heat pump and what looks to be a dHum terminal but only one pink wire connected to it and going back to the blower unit under the house. I have a pair of what looks like temperature sensor wires looping through and going to the unit outside. The grey wire from the thermostat indoors on y1/w2** goes to the Y1 on the blower unit under the house and loops out on green to the outdoor unit.

Name:  h1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  158.4 KB

Name:  h2.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  h3.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  h4.JPG
Views: 16
Size:  37.0 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 07-21-19 at 07:58 PM. Reason: cropped/resized pictures
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-19, 08:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 215 Votes on 204 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Your pictures were massive. The board gives each member 10mb of picture storage. Your five pictures were over 13mb. It's very important to learn how to resize pictures for posting in forums. Your second picture of the furnace board was not needed. Your storage is under 500kb now.

You need to take a step back and identify your system. Don't make any changes until everything is ironed out. Yes..... technically you have an involved setup. You will be losing the sensor that tells the heat pump to shutdown when it gets too cold. You may also be losing the dehumidification ability of the system

What model thermostat is currently in use there ?
Where do you live ?

Current connections....
O --------> orange
Y1 -------> gray
R ---------> red
G ---------> green
Y/Y2 -----> yellow
W ---------> white
C ----------> blue
Dhum -----> pink
S1 ---------> brown
S2 ---------> black

Old 07-22-19, 03:04 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That makes a lot more sense now. I did not see the pictures come up when I posted them and thought they didn't upload when the real issue was they were to big. Thanks for clearing them up for me.

The Thermostat is a Bryant TSTATBBPRH01-B I am located in Goochland Va right outside of Richmond.

The thermostat works fine but its overly complicated to program and the sheriff wanted the Nest for her birthday.

I'm thinking about sending it back for whatever refund I can get at this point.

Attached Images