Quick question; April Aire 600-humidifier

Old 11-11-19, 07:13 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question Quick question; April Aire 600-humidifier

We live in Michigan We got our first snow today, So ! I went down to see how our newer furnace.I was checking the filter -inside the- NEW LAST -year AprilAire 600- filter inside.Nothings wired wrong everythings, just as we put it in~~~ Correctly. last season. The question;The clear vinyl tube- that carries the access water away~theres "condensation' inside tube," down to the pvc drain.And Why am i not seeing water- on the small steel filter inside?Does it take awhile to run down thru the steel filter? like i say we just checked the furnace, as we always do- each season- sneezing alot. So she thinks the air maybe to dry. An tips i would be very grateful for, thanks bob s

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-19, 06:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 408 Votes on 384 Posts
That is a drain line. Water is sent in to a distribution tray across the top of the media pad. The water runs down the pad, into the drain pan and out that hose. There should be a small trickle of water coming out of there approx 20 seconds after the humidifier gets power. That runoff carries minerals out of the unit.

bsa_bob2 voted this post useful.
Old 11-12-19, 04:52 AM
the A/c part of the furnace needs to be shut down to .....just the furnace part of the system is on??sound right to you PJ have a good day- bob s

Old 11-12-19, 10:19 PM
Group Moderator
That is a bypass unit. It typically gets mounted to the supply duct and has a duct line with a bypass damper in it that goes to the return duct. During the summer..... that bypass damper is closed. It's open in the winter.

Is that what you were asking about ?

Old 11-13-19, 05:56 AM
Thumbs up

I shut down the A/C turned the furnace heat switch on,Now i will see the water in the plastic line- as you say just a trickle? last Question: thanks again Pj have agreat thanks giving bob s

Old 11-13-19, 02:39 PM
5" pipe has the small door that closes in winter- left side-? Theres a manual, black plastic ,short lever that opens and shuts this door .Winter now in Mich ....the flapper door is closed -and water has started dripping down inside the clear tube. mi-nutely So i am good to go????????or am i missing something PJ"" thanks bob s

Old 11-13-19, 08:24 PM
Group Moderator
You want the duct (door) to be open. The air flows from the return duct thru the humidifier to the supply duct. If the door was closed there would be no air thru the humidifier. Your unit would use water but deliver nothing into the air.

In the summer it gets closed.