Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Reload this Page >

Aprilaire humidifier with newly added Aprilaire 60 stat, not opening solenoid

Old 12-08-19, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

OK, first off yes I the read many many threads and posts regarding getting the Aprilaire 60 stat up and running, and i apologize if this is a duplicate thread. i have a Aprilaire Humidifier 600 with an Aprilaire 60 humidistat that i am trying to get up and running. We bought the house 3 months ago and had a new furnace put in right away and I'm not sure when the original humidistat last worked. I bought a new Aprilaire 60 and solenoid and I wired the stat per the wiring schematic that comes with the stat. Got an E3 message. So I pulled wires from ODT and went to manual. Didn't work, no power to solenoid. reading old threads I did the attached pic wiring schematic. No success. I have a wire from w on humidistat to furnace board. i did wire up the green wires as well per Aprilaires recommendations. It looks like the R and C wires are coming from a transformer. I can say that if i attach the R and C wires directly to solenoid, the solenoid opens and water flows. Wondering if someone can point me in a direction. lastly, if there is no picture attached please let me know. Thank you all in advance.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links