Humidifier air flow diagram

Old 12-15-19, 09:07 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Humidifier air flow diagram

Hey guys,

I was looking at my current central humidifier, and i was wondering why does the humidifier installed in the cold air intake and taking the warm air from the heater and feed it back to the humidifier then back to the heater again? so here is kinda like how it is now (check attached)

My question is, my filter is down there, wont all the moisture will be captured by the filter (green)?

Thanks, guys!

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-19, 09:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Usually the humidifier is mounted to the hot/supply plenum but that's not always possible due to the A/C evaporator coil location. Yours is a valid question but I haven't had or heard of any wet filter problems.

Old 12-15-19, 09:39 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I read that it will mess up the cooling coil real bad during summer if it were to feed directly to the duct from the furnace. Now, I don't see any mold or mildew on my filter when I change it, but this will definitely restrict more airflow due to the moisture no?

Old 12-16-19, 02:43 AM
M
Received 293 Upvotes on 263 Posts
Moisture should go right through the filter,

The way yours is installed is the norm.
One reason is that you do not want it over your furnace. If it leaks it could damage the furnace.
Also a little warm air going through it will pick up more moisture.

I always shut mine off during the summer.
Shut off the water, removed and cleaned the sponge moisture pick up and had a sheet metal plate that pivoted in to shut off air flow.
Did not make sense to me to add moisture to an AC system when one of it's main jobs is to remove moisture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: