Honeywell IAQ thermostat w Truesteam

Old 08-26-20, 06:32 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell IAQ thermostat w Truesteam

I have an approx 8 yr old system. Has worked well. New problem ... in installer/test mode the Truesteam starts/runs properly eg turns on/off as I direct. However, when I return to "Auto" mode and call for, say, 60% humidity (thermostat says room is at 40%) ... humidifier does not start. Both "system" and "fan" are set to auto; the "frost protection" is turned off. A/C (heat pump) & fan function as they should. Before I start randomly changing stuff (over time I have accumulated a couple of used humidifier units, an EIM and a thermostat), I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts/suggestions/directions.
Thanks for reading ...
Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-20, 09:14 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,021 Votes on 947 Posts
Both "system" and "fan" are set to auto
If the thermostat calls for humidity..... the blower should run and the humidifier starts.
If the fan isn't coming on that sounds like an issue in programming or with the thermostat.

Old 08-27-20, 12:04 PM
B
Thank you. I've double checked all programming parameters, so I guess the next step is to try a new thermostat?

Old 08-28-20, 05:01 AM
B
Thank you ... as a result of my "fiddling", the system is now working properly. Not sure why, Perhaps it is because of my foul language/threats (not said aloud) ...LOL

Old 08-28-20, 10:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,021 Votes on 947 Posts
The "fiddling" will do it every time.

bobcanuck voted this post useful.
Old 09-15-20, 06:34 AM
B
Update ... after searching/reading dozens of "chats", boards etc, I think I have finally uncovered the "problem".
There is NO problem (other than with my lack of knowledge!). This/my setup will not automatically humidify without a heat cycle. I wondered how one would humidify, say, in the southwest (high heat, low humidity). Turns out that in that case (humidify with cooling), by installing a DATS (discharge air temp sensor) one can set up "desert humidify" ie. at setting 372, instead of having 4 choices (E, 0, 1, 3) there then appears (I think) at least 1 more option at 372 which allows humidify during cooling! (8 or 9). I still have no idea how to connect the DATS to the EIM (another HoneyWell secret). Any instructions I have found for the DATS install refer only to zone control(s) ... but at least I now have a better understanding of the system. Meanwhile if I want humidity without a heat cycle I will use test 105 and force the humidifier to run. Thnx to everyone ...