Carrier Humidistat not working

Old 11-24-20, 12:44 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Humidistat not working

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member having trouble with my Carrier humidifier. I can't get my humidistat to engage the valve to open and get the water flowing through the pad. I have a Carrier P110-LBP2417. Red light is on the humidistat. I'm really a nube with HVAC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by PJmax; 11-24-20 at 07:24 PM. Reason: resized pics
Old 11-24-20, 08:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,324 Votes on 1,224 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That Carrier humidistat is basically an Aprilaire 56. The link below is the manual for it. Most of the information..... especially the troubleshooting/testing steps.

In your installation..... the five wire cable goes to the furnace. That means the green light should only be on when the system is in heating mode. The red is on R and the white is on C. The yellow and green go to the outdoor temperature sensor. That may be your problem.... the ODT line may be open. If you have a meter check and see what resistance is on the yellow and green wires.

Inside the furnace.... the white wire should be on the C terminal. Where is the red connected ?

The two wire cable on the H's goes to the humidifier. Check and see if there is 24vAC on them when the humidifier should be working.

Carrier/Aprilaire 56 humidistat (pdf)

Old 11-30-20, 10:44 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hello PJmax, thank you so much for your reply! I don't think their is an outdoor temp sensor on my system, but I'll look into it soon. Thanks again for your reply, especially the PDF link of the manual. I really appreciate your help!
David

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: