Humidifier Solenoid Valve

Old 12-05-20, 07:07 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Humidifier Solenoid Valve

I have a humidifier with power fan. The solenoid valve makes yanking noise every time it opens and occasionally makes fluttering noise. I have opened the valve but the inside looked very clean to me. I didn't see any mineral deposits. I put it back. I haven't observed any fluttering noise. The yanking noise was gone right after I put it back, it then it quickly came back. Any ideas?

I thought of soaking the valve in vinegar, but I found another unrelated problem where my water shutoff valve (the infamous saddle valve) doesn't shutoff completely. Due to water still coming out of the inlet tube, I had to put the solenoid valve back quickly.

Old 12-05-20, 08:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
The solenoid valve makes yanking noise every time it opens and occasionally makes fluttering noise.
Sorry..... not sure what kind of noises those are. Any water solenoid needs water pressure to close. If you have a clogged needle valve..... change the valve.

I don't mess with the solenoids..... I just replace them.
Make sure if you replace it.... you put the flow restrictor back in.

Old 12-06-20, 11:49 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Pete.
There is an orifice in the copper tube in the outlet side of the solenoid valve. But there is nothing on the water inlet side. Where does the flow restrictor go? May be I need to get one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: