HE360 continue clicking sound when it is on

Old 12-10-20, 11:03 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HE360 continue clicking sound when it is on

Hi, my friend helped me to install this Honeywell HE360 whole house humidifier 4 years ago.
It has been working for the past 3 years. A few weeks ago, the weather got cold so the furnace started to run so as the humidifier. I noticed that constant clicking sound came out of the humidifier. Whenever the clicking sound occurred, the fan would stop and start running. I did see water came out so I do not think the problem is the valve. I thought that might be the control board, so I ordered a new one to replace the old one. But the issue still exist so I put the old control board back.

I am still figuring out what the issue is. If anyone can give me advice, I would really appreciate that.

Old 12-10-20, 10:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,324 Votes on 1,224 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You have two yellow wires coming out of that unit. Short them together and see if the unit keeps running.
The unit is very basic. Shorting the yellow wires activates the relay and supplies 24v to the solenoid.

Old 12-11-20, 06:52 AM
C
Hi Pete,

I shorten the two yellow wires and the unit keep running without any issue. I also noticed that the water did come out of the unit a few seconds after the unit is on.

Old 12-11-20, 12:54 PM
Group Moderator
Then you need to check for a defective humidistat.

Old 12-11-20, 05:13 PM
C
Do you happen to know how?

Old 12-11-20, 05:46 PM
Group Moderator
The humidistats job is to short the two yellow wires on a call for humidity. There is a basic snap action switch attached to some type of humidity sensitive membrane. It used to be horsehair.

That switch may have gone bad. You can check it with an ohmmeter for continuity.
Otherwise it can be just as easy to replace the humidistat.

Old 12-12-20, 08:21 AM
C
Hi Pete,

Very much appreciate the help.
I ordered a humidistat from E-bay last night.
It will be a few days before it arrives.

I am not good at using multimeter although I have one. I will search youtube how.

Thanks again.

Old 12-13-20, 07:18 AM
C
Hi Pete,

With your help, I made a big progress yesterday. I found out there is continuity for the thermostat and also I found out the issue is from the pressure switch. But the question is that whether the pressure switch is bad or the air pressure is not good enough. Any thought for that?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: