Humidifier Solenoid Valve Spec

Old 12-20-20, 07:44 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Humidifier Solenoid Valve Spec

I have a question about the specs on the label of solenoid valve... I checked several solenoid valve label specs. I have attached a pic for ready reference...

P/N = Manufacturer part number. We all understand this.
VOLTS: 24/60 VAC. Understood. 24Volts AC. 60hz frequency
Watts: 2.3 understood. It requires 2.3 watts of energy to operate

ORIFICE: .018/WHITE This translates to ... Some say 3/32. I understand why Orifice is important for humidifier. But the question is why does Orifice belong on the valve spec. The orifice is a small plastic insert that goes inside of the water line that is on the outlet side of the valve. You have to install orifice size that is recommended for a given humidifier. Question is WHY IS THIS SPEC ON THE VALVE. Is the valve made specifically for the orifice stated on the label? What in the valve design would be different say for 3/32 vs 3/64 orifice?

MOPD = 125PSI. This is the maximum rated water pressure of the valve
IDENT: is probably some identification for date of manufacture

Solenoid Valve Label

Old 12-20-20, 08:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,323 Votes on 1,223 Posts
Interesting question. I do see the orifice size listed on the valve. The solenoids I use don't come with the orifice. I don't know if that means it comes with the white orifice or it's permanently installed. I wouldn't think it was permanently installed.

Ident is date of manufacture.

Red and blue are high flow +/- 6 gph
White and yellow are lower flow +/- 3 gph

Old 12-21-20, 02:51 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks.

I am pretty sure Orifice is not permanently installed inside the valve. The Orifice in my case is installed in the copper water line that connects to humidifier. I am wondering if there is some thing else we are missing. All the different brands of solenoid I came across online they have stated Orifice rating on the spec label. I am interpreting this as each solenoid is made to work with a specific Orifice size that is stated on the spec.

This is pretty much like other specs on the label. e.g they say 20 Volts. That doesn't mean the solenoid has 20 Volts embedded inside. It means it requires 20 Volts. Sorry for the obvious example. In the same lines... I think they mean their solenoid requires 3/32 size Orifice on the outlet line. I can understand the solenoid has to be made differently (coiling etc) for 20 VAC /2.3 watts vs say 120V/2.3Watts. However, what I don't know is what in the solenoid is differently made for 3/32 Orifice vs 3/64? You know... they probably mean it can be used for any Orifice size up to 3/32. This is akin to 125 PSI spec. It can be used up to 125 PSI. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: