Replace Aprilaire 58 humidistat with model 60

Old 12-30-20, 10:46 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace Aprilaire 58 humidistat with model 60

Hi all, glad I found this forum!

I have an Aprilaire 600 humidifier from around 2008 on a Bryant 340MAV furnace (about 20 years old). Anyway, the humidistat LCD went out and I thought it would be an easy swap with a new humidistat. Unfortunately, the wiring is different for the newer model 60 humidistat.

Anyway, here's how the older humidistat is currently wired. R --> Sec-1 on furnace board. C --> Sec-2 on furnace board. ODT jumpered for manual mode. W/G --> HUM on furnace board. Cf --> Con 24V on furnace board. H | H --> solenoid on side of humidifier unit.

I would really appreciate some help on wiring the new humidistat. I don't have an easy way to run the outdoor temp sensor, so planning on keeping it manual mode. Also, if I need to run any new wiring, please advise on the gauge I need to get. Thanks!

Last edited by NPSguy; 12-30-20 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-30-20, 11:56 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,348 Votes on 1,246 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The outdoor sensor is used to automatically shift the humidity level down when it gets colder outside to keep condensation in control. I adjust mine manually. #18 thermostat cable is ideal.

When I install a bypass humidifier I don't allow the humidifier to run unless the burner is heating. Humidifying cool/cold air is not cost effective and water wasteful. Therefore you won't see G connections in my diagrams. The HH terminals are a dry switch...... non powered.

This diagram is basically what you need to follow....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: