The "Hunting Safety" Post

Old 10-09-03, 01:44 PM
SB
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The "Hunting Safety" Post

With the other thread about watching out for other hunters, I thought I would put one up with some common things to do in the field (ok, duckblind)...feel free to add to it:

1. When hunting with others I always make sure we know who has the keys, which pocket they are in, etc...that way, if the driver gets injured someone else will be able to get him out quickly.

2. Always know where the nearest hospital (and vet for the dog..dogs get more injuries than us humans) is. I also keep the local game warden/sherrifs number on my cell phone for emergencies. If you are on a road trip, make sure you scope out the hospitals in that area.

3. First aid kit (I know, pretty basic but you would be surprised how many folks go into the field without one)

not really safety oriented but i have learned since having our baby that baby wipes are awesome! they will take coffee out of anything, blood off your hands, etc...

Old 10-10-03, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Great overlooked tips.

Also if you're out of shape "like me" make sure and not hunt alone. I hear to many stories of people having heart attacts out in the woods and nobody around to help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: