The "BIG" Buck

Old 11-18-04, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The "BIG" Buck

Un-believable. My neighbors buddy last week killed a 22 pointer. That beast had a 34" neck. I'm so jelous yet excited. He killed him on the Eastside of Cincy and I know there's more. He had on each side of his head about 5" from when the antlers exit the head 2 turned down tines at least 8" long. They looked as if he turned his head to far he'd stab himself in the neck.

I went out for the 1st time this season and saw a small doe and a good size buck but both were out of range. About a 1/2 hour later 2 coyotes walked past me. I should've killed one of them and got it mounted.

Old 11-18-04, 05:58 AM
A
You should have killed both of the coyotes. They have no natural predators, and are devastating the small game and bird population, not to mention newly born deer.

I saw one of those giant bucks several years ago while hunting on a friend's farm in Maryland. It had 3 drop tines, and bunches of upright tines! I never did get a shot at it, although I did see it several times. The last time, it was walking directly towards my stand, I was downwind, and had come into the stand from downwind, but it just stopped and BACKED UP. I have never seen a deer backup in my life, and to this day I don't understand what spooked that big buck, but my heart was pounding for a while

I don't think anyone ever killed it, at least legally, or it would have been in the newspapers.

Old 11-27-04, 04:31 PM
Smile Coyote problem!

arkayassoc mattison

I had not heard that they had ranged that far. We saw our first back in 84 darn near hit it just outside of Asheville NC. I have talked with a few Bow hunters who have shot a few & some hunters are finding eaten fawns in late summer.

The only natural predator here was the Red Wolf & they have been shot out again. So the job turns to the hunter to atleast keep their #s down. We can't take the needed firearn into the National Forest so Summer hunting is out on Federal land.

Someday we will regret that silly law & wish we had hunted them year round.

Old 11-27-04, 10:56 PM
A
Coyotes are here in the midlands of South Carolina. My neighbor shot two last week.

Old 11-28-04, 06:10 AM
They are like roaches up here with the suburbs growing the way they do they are ending up closer to people. Last summer they hired sharpshooters due to a bunch of them actually showing themselves at the edges of the woods in peoples backyards. Needless to say they didn't kill any. If they would have thought for a few minutes and used skilled hunters they would have bagged a few.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: