broken reel

Old 07-20-07, 11:56 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
broken reel

The bail on my spinning reel no longer closes when i start to reel in after i cast. Is this an easily fixed problem or do i get a new reel?

Its a condor 530 by southbend

Old 05-01-08, 05:54 PM
E
I would just get a new one if it looks to bad to even get some use outta...put her in a showcase my friend.

Old 05-21-08, 05:12 AM
O
If it is a spin cast there is a spring where the bail pivots on one end. The tips of these springs will break whereas all tension on the bail is lost so bail will not close when handle is turned. If you can locate a spring then replace but look very carefully how it comes out before putting a new one in. It will probably be cheaper to take it to a person who is familiar with the repair. Parts will probably be your probelm. Check with the manufacturer of your reel and they are still in business most have on site repairs. Good Luck

Old 05-21-08, 02:19 PM
C
Received 139 Votes on 112 Posts
Adama - I don't recognise your reel model. In any case, replacing a bail spring takes a screwdriver and 5 minutes.

Try to locate the reel manufacturer on line. They can usually provide parts. A bail spring shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks.

Good advice from oopsy about paying attention when you disassemble the reel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: