Barnes TSX Bullets

Old 01-08-12, 04:59 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 840 Posts
Barnes TSX Bullets

Is anyone using Barnes TSX bullets? I'm thinking of using them for eating sized hogs. I've just played around with the Asym .223 70 grain TSX into blocks of ice and I am amazed what they did to my test ice blocks. Could these be bone crushing .22's (well, as much as a .223/5.56 can be)? These recovered bullets looked so cool I just had to post them.

These shots were from my 16" barrel black rifle and initially I was a bit disappointed in the velocity since they followed a box of Superformance 5.56 75 grain, but the TSX made the ice blocks explode unlike anything I've used before. They powered straight through 10" of hard ice and buried 8-10" in the soft dirt behind and came out looking like a magazine advertisement.

Old 01-08-12, 05:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Wow, look at that symmetry!! Definitely knock down items if you hit the hogs in a hard part like the skull or shoulder. Harvested another buffalo last Wednesday while I was in Denver. SIL used a 45-70 at about 30 yards, so he hit the ground with a thud. Not a bad deal...$1.50/lb on the hoof (800 lbs) and we wound up with about 300 lbs of meat, so that's still about $4.00/lb. No fat, no cholesterol, and good eatin'

Old 01-08-12, 06:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 352 Votes on 304 Posts
I have heard very good things about barns copper bullets. Those pictures are impressive!

Old 01-08-12, 06:37 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 840 Posts
A neighbor is a buffalo farmer so I have them on both sides of our land and they are a regular on the menu. They are so big and tough I've never even thought of what it would take to bring them down (other than something big). Our neighbor is always ready with a new story trying to take them to slaughter. A totally different monster than a cow. Most slaughter houses will not take buffalo so he has to carry them pretty far.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: