Tactical LED Flashlight Recomendation

Old 09-29-19, 05:23 AM
Received 95 Votes on 86 Posts
Tactical LED Flashlight Recomendation

Looking for one of the really large LED lights but there is a lot of junk out there, anybody got a good brand worth the cost?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-19, 08:58 AM
Received 57 Votes on 52 Posts
Not sure if or how it fits in the tactical category, but the best investment I've ever made in a flashlight is a Maglite double D LED. I bought it for the truck, but it ended up next to the bed and the one I had there went to the truck instead. The beam is adjustable, and I've used it for power outages with it spread out, but when it's beside the bed I keep it on the tight focus and figure that hitting anyone coming down the hall with it will disorient them for 3-5 seconds in which they can decide that they're in the wrong house and scat or stick around and see what else might be waiting for them.

Old 09-29-19, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i have 2 of these, on/off on end and on the barrel and they are great.

https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Recha...gateway&sr=8-1

Pelican also has a newer version, the 8060, that is even brighter.

Old 09-30-19, 04:43 AM
Group Moderator
Received 198 Votes on 183 Posts
I like Olight flashlights. They aren't cheap but the ones I've got have held up very well. One of the big things I like is they can be turned on and off without having to cycle through brightness levels and blinking like some lights.

Old 09-30-19, 05:59 AM
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
IMHO the best source for this sort of information is the Candlepower Forums. It's full of guys who are "flashlight hobbyists" who are so obsessed with flashlights, you wouldn't believe. Not only from a standpoint of writing reviews and measuring light output and battery drain but studying the market to know the latest on pieces parts (which is constantly changing because of explosive development in the field of light engines). They'll often know of an "off-brand" light that has the same internals as a brand name light at a fraction of the cost, or a cost-effective upgrade to an existing light. Or warn you off when replacement is cheaper than upgrade. I buy a lot of mid-to-high end flashlights and I've been using their recommendations exclusively for close to 20 years and I've never been dissatisfied with a decision they steered me to.