Unidentified Garden Pests (Armadillos?)

Old 05-20-05, 05:42 AM
LotzOStuff
Visiting Guest
Angry Unidentified Garden Pests (Armadillos?)

Second year in a row this has happened...

Small holes (up to 2 " across and usually about an inch deep) being dug next to the flowers I have in my front flower bed. Mulch is displaced, then the hole appears overnight. Mostly near my annuals. Seems to damamge some of the plants. Occassionally the nearby plant will have flowers eaten as well. Whatever it is loves my marigolds and has completely killed them off.

I live in Plano, TX (just north fo Dallas) and there is a series or ponds through my neighbors backyard. I see rabbits, but can't imagine they are responsible for this. Others I work with have made other speculations, but I'll let you guys run with this before leading you in one direction.

Would like to know what it could be, how to find out for sure, and then how to make it stop happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-20-05, 11:11 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you may have two types of critters, the only thing where i am from that digs holes like that is an armadillo, maybe it is making enough noise where the rabbits are coming to join in the distruction and eating the flowers.

Old 05-20-05, 04:45 PM
LotzOStuff
Visiting Guest
That's what someone else told me, armadillos... Being from Philly until recently, I know little if anything about them, let alone how to get them to leave my stuff alone.

Any help, anyone??? Please, this is driving me nuts.

can I trap them, or do I need to get rid of the grubs they are looking for?

Any rabbit help while we are at it...

Old 05-21-05, 03:28 AM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
shoot em or trap em! at night!

Old 06-02-05, 10:14 PM
LotzOStuff
Visiting Guest
If I sit up all night I should see them then? maybe trapping would work better. Where do you recommend I find the traps, and any special techniques for using them...

Also, where do I take the damn things once I catch them?

Thanks!

Old 06-04-05, 10:57 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Perhaps you will find the following thread helpful:

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=183547

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: