animal in attic

Old 04-07-08, 12:45 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
animal in attic

I have something in my attic i prefer to let it live and get it out but its in the fasia/soffit whatever it called and i cant see it but there no way out either unless its smart and figure out the way out. Whats the best method of getting it out thanks or it a rat...

Old 04-07-08, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Oh, I'd bet money it's a squirrel!

Set a trap, bait with peanut butter...you'll catch him/her. (Hope it's a him, or you'll be doing this about five more times )

Old 04-07-08, 04:43 PM
N
You don't say where you live, but it could be a squirrel as or even a mouse. I agree with Connie. Set a live trap for a small critter and check it every 12 hours. Check carefully to see if it's a mother that might have babies. If it's a mouse or squirrel be sure to seal up all points of entry and have every electrical wire checked in the attic. Chewed wires can take up to 2 years to heat up enough to cause a fire. Been there, watched that in my neighbor's house.

Newt

Old 04-07-08, 04:53 PM
K
Trouble with blocking points of entry now is that blocks the exit too. We don't want dead squirrels in the attic.

Find the hatch to your attic. Crawl up there with flashlight, and expect to get dusty.

Old 04-07-08, 05:29 PM
N
Kobuchi, thanks for pointing that out, but I don't think I said to block the points of entry now. I thought it was understood that once Jpatz had captured the critter and knew what it was, then the possible points of entry should be blocked. Thanks for clarifying that.

Newt

Old 04-08-08, 06:20 AM
J
I live in fl, i havent seen what it was yet its in the fasia can i can see it there i tried i dont know if it know a way ou or not. I going to set a trap tommorow and let you know if get it.

Old 04-08-08, 10:51 AM
N
Jpatz, do let us know what happens.

Good luck,
Newt

Old 04-09-08, 11:51 AM
G
I have had my fair share of experiences with animals in the attic. When I was younger squirells chewed through the soffit at my parents house and had babies. Just recently I got rats in my attic. I was told they were "roof rats." I trapped them with sunflower seeds as bait. They chewed up a lot of wood in my attic and chewed some wires going to my air handler. I trimmed back the limbs and branches that were near my roof, as I was told that was how the rats got in. That was about a year ago, and so far they haven't returned. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: