Animals pooping on my lawn

Old 08-26-09, 02:34 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Animals pooping on my lawn

I live in NYC, the borough with trees and animals. Over the past few months I have noticed that there are animal droppings in my lawn. My neighbor has been complaining about this for years but this is my first time with the problem.

We have possums and raccoons. We also have wild cats that other neighbors feed.

The droppings are mainly in the same area. At the site there is ripped up grass like the animal was trying to cover the droppings. I know this is typical of cats but will raccoons and possum do this as well.

I plan on setting a live trap and relocating the animals but I want to know which ones to relocate. I have no problem with animals roaming my yard, in fact I like them, but when they stink up my yard time to go.

Any ideas. Thanks…

Old 08-26-09, 05:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
The scratching near the pile is indicative of some breeds of dogs as well. You don't have an unattended dog in your neighborhood, do you? They tend to do their business in the same location by smell, also. Be glad you don't have a bear. Ours leaves a rather large pile in arbitrary places all over the property, mostly near the house and near the bird feeders.

Old 08-26-09, 05:45 PM
M
The question is, are you really bothered? If not, then just diligently clean your yard or hire somebody to do it. As what I'm reading, they are not a threat to danger at all.

If yes, then ask your neighborhood or city officials if they offer free services for these situations. Sometimes they do. If not then ask what is allowed and what is not by the law.

Here's the link for animal baiting tips. Hope this could help.

Old 08-26-09, 06:20 PM
B
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
The scratching near the pile is indicative of some breeds of dogs as well. You don't have an unattended dog in your neighborhood, do you? They tend to do their business in the same location by smell, also. Be glad you don't have a bear. Ours leaves a rather large pile in arbitrary places all over the property, mostly near the house and near the bird feeders.

There are no stray dogs. I live in New York City so no bears.

Just want to know if racoons or possum could be the culprit.

Good luck with the bears.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: