Chipmunk Immunity to Poison


  #1  
Old 05-19-14, 02:34 PM
bigboypete's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 218
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chipmunk Immunity to Poison

Are chipmunks immune to mice poison? I have put multiple blocks of rodenticide iside this chipmunks hole which happens to be infront of my back door where he has burrowed down along my foundation. It appears he clears the poision from the hole, I figured he was eating it, but the little ******* is still alive. Perhaps he is storing it or is immune?

Any tips on how I can snuff this guy out?

PS- Save your bleeding heart no-kill responses because frankly Scarlet....
 
  #2  
Old 05-19-14, 03:41 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,871
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
It can take two to four days for him to die after ingesting a lethal dose, which itself could take several days.

It is very possible too, as you pointed out, that he/she is stashing it somewhere.

Is it possible that a raccoon or opossum may be getting it at night? They can eat an awful lot before a lethal dose is met.

If the poison bait dosn’t work, have you considered an old-fashioned rat trap?
 
  #3  
Old 05-20-14, 09:24 AM
S
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,641
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
We use rat traps and we have to tie them down or sometimes we go out to the garage and the whole trap is gone.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: