Rodent Zappers

Old 03-02-18, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rodents - DIY

Miksterz I typed up this whole reply then lost because power went out due to huge storm weíre having. Anyway, I donít want just a one way door. I want to trap whatever it is and get rid of it. I want a one way excluder with a trap attached. The trap has to have small holes in it so it can get anything as small as a mouse or as big as a squirrel or rat.

So wondering what everyone thinks about my idea of putting a tote on itís side, oiling the inside to minimize the chances of something being able to get back out? With the tote on its side I would cut a hole in the top near the side. The hole will be about the diameter of the opening of a Pringles can. Then Iíd stick the can in the hole and use a glue gun to make it stay there then duct tape. Then Iíd cut the same size hole in the wall and stick the can in there then glue gun and duct tape that end too. I would duct tape the tote cover real good so that nothing can come out. Iíd put fruit and nuts inside the tote to lure them in. I chose a clear tote so I can look to see if there is anything in the toaster and what it is Iím dealing wit. I will stick the tote in a black garbage bag so as not to stress out whatever it is I hopefully catch??

I need to know what it is Iím trying to get rid of because we hired 2 exterminators, DEM and a trapper and no one knows what we are dealing with. The trapper said itís mice but whatever it is sounds like a mouse wearing clogs on. Lol We have been through so much and been living here 26 years and have not had these problems until this last year. One of the exterminators said it could be rats, mice or flying squirrels Actually when they put down the floor back there when we just had it done they took the whole floor up to make sure there was a good vapor barrier before we had the tiles put down and it was in great condition.

So, we had to pull the floor up and moved out of our house for 5 months due to this issue. The exterminators assured us it was safe to move back in. Two days after moving back home I hear something in the ceiling while lying in bed ready to go to sleep. Then started hearing it in the walls and ceiling in all rooms. I am terrified to be here and just want this to end and soon. If I put in a one way exclusion door that is just letting them out to come back in. I need to trap them and at this point, bring them hundreds of miles away. I wonít make them someone elseís problem but will drop them off somewhere in the woods.

My house is not dirty, there is no food left out and no crumbs for them to eat. Anything like rice or sugar is in Rubbermaid containers with a good tight cover. I did so much research before buying them. My bird cages are kept very clean in and around them because I am so worried about attracting rodents. My birds donít eat seeds, they eat pellets. No one knows what we are dealing with because there arenít any droppings in the house because I went around and put steel wool in every hole around baseboards and drains long ago so to lessen the chances of anything getting in the living space. Itís only a matter of time though because I hear things chewing all over the place at night. It sounds like they are breaking pieces off the plaster board. I have both rat and mice bait boxes all around my house.

If anyone has any ideas or input I would definitely love to hear from you??

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-18, 03:56 AM
Received 61 Votes on 57 Posts
This conversation has been going on since Dec 17 of last year. It's now March and it appears that the OP has gotten nowhere, in spite of his/her dire fear and need. I'm not judging, just say'n.

This might sound strange, but all this talk and not one picture. Can you send us a few pics of the area? The room and walls that are affected.

It's time open up the walls and look at what you have. Nothing is being accomplished with all these ideas. Open the walls at several places and look at specifics. Send us pictures of the open walls.

Old 03-05-18, 08:19 PM
Norm201 I totally agree with you. I thought thatís what the trapper would do. He came through real quick with an IR camera then told me he thought it was mice and $2600 to fix. I still think itís bigger than mice because all of my baseboard heaters are pushed away from the walls and in one room they canít be reinforced and the noise of them moving around sounds louder than something the size of a mouse. Itís in every room in my house but Iíll try to get pics of this room for you tomorrow. Oh, nothing is eating the exterminators mice and rat bait in the basement or outside.
Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Old 03-10-18, 10:59 AM
I am wondering if I put an exclusion trap in the room directly under the room where we hear all of the activity if the rodents will go downstairs in the trap if I put enough bait? Does anyone know if that is possible? Like can they move from one floor to another? I figure that will at least show us what kind of rodents we are dealing with??
Thank you!!

Old 03-11-18, 10:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 18 Votes on 17 Posts
Traps and rodenticide should be placed where there is visible and known evidence of their presence. Take advantage of their everyday habits. Luring them to an area where they arenít known to go wonít work as they are already getting a steady supply of food and water somewhere else. Thatís where the focus of any treatment/trapping, etc should be.

Where are droppings and chewings located in the house?

Old 03-14-18, 12:49 PM
I am sorry I didn’t see this reply. For some reason I do not get instant email notifications even though set in my profile and I set it each time I reply..

They are everywhere in the walls and ceilings so I would not be luring them to somewhere they aren’t already going to.

PABugman I do not see any droppings because I have plugged up all holes around heaters, etc.. with steel wool. I hear whatever it is in just about every wall and ceiling in my house. I hear them leaving every night after dusk and coming and going throughout the night. I hear them maybe biting of pieces of wallboard some early mornings. They are traveling behind baseboard heaters and other places and all of the heaters have come away from the walls. Some are not able to be reattached so we have secured something up to hold them in place for now.

I believe that the design of my house is the reason why critters love it. I don’t want to post pictures in case someone I know should see them. We keep the house very clean and don’t leave any foods out day or night. I keep my opened bread and snacks in my microwave at all times. If I need to use the microwave then I take them out then put them right back.

Anything that would deter rodents would also kill my parrots or this issue would have been gone long before now. So in case you haven’t read all through this thread, my parrots food is kept in five gallon food grade container. They eat pellets and not seed so there aren’t any seed shells or anything laying around. The parrots cages are kept clean at all times. At the end of the day the cages are washed down and no food or water in cages at night due to the rodent issue. I haven’t found any rodent droppings around the cages, thank God.

It has been about a year since this issue started. I have ripped up 4 layers of flooring and poured cement under the crawlspace in my home. I do have a basement in the main part of the home. I’ve hired 2 exterminator companies, a trapper and had DEM come out. Everyone agrees that there is a rodent issue but no one know what type of it is. I realize that I need someone to cut into my walls but haven’t found a company that is willing to do it. That’s where my idea of the inside exclusion trap came to mind.

I have a clear tote, a plastic chip container about the size of a Pringles can. I want to turn the tote on its side so it would be about 2’ high and 1 1/2’ wide. I cut a hole at the top which would now be. top of the side of the tote and stick the chip container in after it’s cut.. The diameter of chip container is 3” around. I cut the bottom of the chip container off and can also shorten it a bit. I cut a 3” hole in the wall and stick the container that is now fixed to the tote into the 3” hole in the wall. I am going to put this container in the room directly below the room where my parrots are because I fear that fleas and other diseases will get the parrots.

If anyone thinks this will or won’t work please let me know? I need feedback because I want to do this tonight. If you think this will work please let me know what you think I should use for bait. Seeing they are going out every night I believe they could be rats, flying squirrels or mice??

I need to do this now so that I know what kind of rodents I’m dealing with because Spring is coming so all rodents will be giving birth and I don’t know if there is m left in walls and ceilings.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. If I can figure out what type of rodent it is we can work on other ways to resolve it.

P.S. Does anyone know if one of the cheaper IR camera (like $250 or less) Flir or Walabot will actually detect rodents? I know Walabot claims to but really don’t want something that I have to hold up to a wall because this issue is widespread and one of the rooms in my home has 30’ wall.

Last edited by Djdancer; 03-14-18 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-15-18, 09:01 PM
PABugman I just want to add to my last reply to you. We do have rodenticide (both mouse & rat bait stations) throughout our home, in our basement and outside. We have 4 EVO boxes outside of our home I places where rodents have been known to climb. I did make the trap last night but have been waiting on replies to my post from yesterday to see if this is even safe for me to be doing in my house and if anyone else has tried to do it this way. I have searched the forums to see if there were others who have had this hard of a time trying to find out whatís going bump in the night. I tried to upload a picture of my trap but itís telling me that the file is too large. I even saved in 3 different formats...

No one has replied to my last post to you so not even sure anyone looked at it.

Old 03-16-18, 06:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
An early step in the process of solving a problem is to correctly identify the problem. I believe that this problem, through two threads, has been going on since June, more or less and we still don't even have physical evidence to assess and identify. Birds, animals, reptiles and insects will leave evidence to include fecal droppings, chewings/scratchings/physical damage, visible burrows/runways/holes, nesting material, dead bodies due to natural or caused mortality, visible sightings, etc. More than enough time has elapsed for identification and various professionals have been on site with no diagnosis or resolution. I don't doubt that a population of mice exists around your structure and that the population increases/decreases much as it does with many of our structures but is readily identifiable.

Building a trap as opposed to using existing styles of traps seems like re-inventing the wheel to me.

It's time to consider the theory that this is animal/rodent/bird related, is now incorrect.

Old 03-16-18, 09:41 AM
PABugman I donít know if you read the full thread but we had rats and a crawlspace where all of the insulation was ruined with feces and urine. We ripped it all out, sprayed Odoban everywhere twice then had cement poured in there. We paid a masonry to come push the cement around and make sure he got the cement all the way in the corners and around edges. Now in the main house there is something coming in and out every night around the same times. I hear them every single night and at times during the day. They are very active into the morning sometimes until 8 or 9am. I hear them ripping on something that sounds like a piece of plaster at a time, then a few minutes later another piece and this goes on all over the house. Nobody knows what it is and how itís getting in and out. I reinvented the wheel because most people put in exclusion traps outside but seeings we donít know what we are excluding or how the heck they are getting in we decide to go with something that is completely closed because we are putting it inside our home and donít want to put in an exclusion trap that was made to trap rats or squirrels then we could be letting out dozens of mice. Do they have exclusion ďtrapsĒ that are big enough for flying squirrels, squirrels, rats and mice like a one size fits all? We need to know what we are dealing with. That was the reason for the tote. We have spent so much time and money on this and havenít even put the floor back in the room where we had to rip it up because we have already gone through our savings and we still donít know and trying not to assume what it is. Suppose we cut into a wall and are faced with dozens of rats or worse, flying squirrels? We arenít trappers. We hired a trapper who said he thought it was mice. So in a way that was a waste of money because it really sounds much much louder than mice. I want someone to prove to me that that is the only thing I am dealing with before I pay him $2600 to fix a problem. Iíd gladly give him the money (which I no longer have) to fix this issue but Iím paying him to get rid of ďmiceĒ it says. Iíve also hired two exterminator companies (and still have a contract with one of them), a Masonry, cement company for truck and a dumpster company. Oh and we had just had that room put down and are still paying the loan each month for a room we canít use. There were no rats when we originally just had the floor in that room done because everything was ripped up to make sure there was a proper vapor barrier. Whatever it is sounds much louder than mice. We used to hear an occasional mouse running across a ceiling. These mice have long toenails and wear clogs. Lol. Oh and in my bedroom it also sounds like something is tearing apart the binding under the rug and thereís a lump in the rug in one spot along the wall. It could just be a board coming up but Iím pretty sure that there were sheets of plywood on that floor when we had the carpet put in about 5 years ago. Weíve lived here for 26years.

The exterminators just come and put rat and mouse bait. If it were mice I think weíd at least catch one in a trap in the basement. Nothing is eating the mouse or rat bait so could it be flying squirrels, who knows?? This is why I thought about the tote idea. I donít know what else to do. If you know of a better way then feel free to tell me. I would take the steel wool out of the holes around the baseboard heaters but then I have to worry about what and how many I am letting out but might know what Iím dealing with but then Iíd also have to worry about something killing the parrots. Something as small as a mouse can kill a parrot from either a bite or by leaving feces or urine in parrots food or water. I am not sleeping at night for fear of what might get in bed with me. I canít use anything to drive them away because that would kill the parrots. We were out of our home due to the rats in the back room only to pay rent and mortgage at the same time then come back and two days later run into this mess. If I thought I wouldnít ruin my credit by walking away then Iíd do that in a heartbeat.

I am sorry if Iíve repeated myself anywhere in this post but itís lack of sleep combined wit the fact that I want to make sure I give you the full picture.

Thank you for reading.

Old 04-26-18, 03:03 PM
Next

So we had another trapper come out to help identify the rodent thatís now living in all walls and ceilings. I guess they donít do much but walk around your house and tell you where the problem might be. As in where something might be coming in and out. Maybe some damage in the ridge vent caused by the ladders of the roofers that we gave big $$ to do a half assed job on the roof. I pay good money to have them come here but still no idea what it is. I hear them coming in and out all night long. Last night something was screaming as it was coming in around 1am. I have a friend coming to stay for 2 nights. Weíre going to sit outside to see if we can tell whatís coming in and out and where. I did this last year and have some camera footage that no one can tell if itís bats or flying squirrels. Has anyone ever had a house full of flying squirrels that never ate into the living space? I ask this because weíve had friend that had flying squirrels that did eat into their living area. Iím not even sure itís just one type of rodent at this point. Probably cut out a wall tomorrow. We made a trap a couple of months ago, filled it with fruit, nuts and seeds but havenít caught anything. Iím at my wits end here.

Old 04-27-18, 03:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
Bats don't need much room to gain access to an attic but I doubt they would get into the walls. Only experience I have with squirrels in a house was one that came down the chimney when I was child - my mother did more damage trying to evict him than the squirrel did.

Old 04-27-18, 03:39 AM
And we still have not seen one single picture. The OP has not as opened any wall area and yet we still give advice.

I question if this is real!

Old 04-30-18, 02:36 AM
I had somewhat of a similar issue and it was bats. They CAN and will get into walls. They also are a 'protected 'species, so don't get caught killing them. The fact that you hear them get active around the same time nightly would indicate bats or something nocturnal. They need only a small opening to get in, as would squirrels and other rodents. In my case, the point of entrance was in the corners of my eaves. The solution was to cover the openings with a four foot length of dryer vent hose. The bats could find their way out, but were unable to fly up the hose. After leaving the hoses up for a month, we sealed the holes and any other possible entrances and had no more issues.

Old 06-11-18, 10:57 PM
Minimac Howmdie younfind out it was bats? We got a Flir IR camera which shows many rodents behind the Sheetrock in the wall. With the IR camera you can only see that something is there and not necessarily what it is. We have yet to find out how they are getting in despite sitting outside on many occasions looking at one side of the house at a time. This problem has totally consumed my life. Iím sure itís shaved off many years of my life as well. So we didnít see anything hanging upside down but everything looks like itís laying down. How did you figure out it was bats?

Old 06-12-18, 04:14 AM
So you paid $500 to $1000 on an inferred camera and still have not yet upload one single pic to us for evaluation and you still have not opened up a wall to physically see what you have!

Old 06-22-18, 11:08 AM
Norm201 no I havenít opened up the wall. I am handicap and would have a hard time doing that. I also have some fear of what might come out. I will upload the images from the camera but they donít show anything but a bright yellow blob everywhere there are rodents and there are many of them. At night if we use it it shows so much missing insulation. 😞. I donít have the images from the camera because theyíre on a friends laptop. You need to have the Flir program installed in order to look at the images and thatís on my friends laptop. I also just got a blacklight in and will try to go investigating tonight if I can. I need to find someone to fix the ridge vent then I think many will be gone. I have a flat top rubber roof and the ridge vent runs lengthwise at the top side of the roof. Hoping to be able to put hardware wire down most of it on both sides then leave about 10í on both sides where I can hang some screen down about 3-4í down the side of the house. We are also trying to get the security cameras up and going again so we can get some footage of whatís crawling down the screen to get out. I will hopefully have something awesome to show you guys.
As I stated before, I am hesitant to put a picture of my house online because it would be very easy for people to know itís my home. Should someone in the neighborhood be looking for ways to get rid of rodents (and Iím sure they are looking) they might run across my post.
Thank you for all your help thus far!! I hope by the end someone might be able to learn something from reading all weíve been through.

Old 06-22-18, 02:05 PM
Now we're getting somewhere.

Old 03-13-19, 09:28 PM
Hey All.
Iím sorry itís been a long time since I came back here. Iíve been very ill but want to update all of you and ask for help.

The problem with the rodents got better then worse n now intolerable. I was diagnosed with PTSD over this. I have honestly just had it. I havenít uploaded any pictures because I canít figure out how to get them off the IR camera.

Since I was here last I hired a friend to put hardware wire over the ridge vent. What he did was put hardware wire all the way down but leave it open on the ends with the hardware wire hanging down so things could hopefully crawl out but not back in. This seemed to help some and we saw some empty spots in the insulation where rodents had been living through using the IR camera. I read it was supposed to stay that way for about 10 days but things were still coming in and out so left it hanging. My friend hasnít been back to close it up. His son is having some medical issues and that definitely comes first.

Over the past month Iíve heard a lot of increased activity in the walls and ceiling. Iíve looked with the IR camera and all walls and ceilings are full. Iíve heard sounds like plaster popping and wood breaking on and off but not constantly. I am scared beyond belief. I have 4 parrots whose cages are kept clean and floor around cages kept clean. All of their pellets are kept in Rubbermaid containers which are kept in a tote.

I would like to know if I cut into a wall if a rodent is going to try to get out and how do I cover up the hole I made? Am I cutting into the wall just to see what kind of droppings are in the insulation?

I hear noises everywhere and the molding and heaters have come off the walls. Wemfix them as we see them.

About a month ago I bought professional rat bait to replenish the bait boxes. I think I have 10 bait boxes and bought a 5 gallon bucket of I think the name is Contracs or something like that. We donít have a contract with the exterminators anymore because all they did was leave bait in the boxes.

We have security cameras outside where the hardware wire is hanging down and havenít seen anything on video. All but one camera is broken now because although they say they are waterproof, they werenít.

We still havenít found any droppings and donít have an attic. Is there a way that I can drive them out of the house without killing my parrots? I am telling you that this is real, too real. As I type this I hear sounds all over the house. I think maybe they come in and out all night but know that many come in at 3 & 5am.

I really need help because I just need my life back. This issue is honestly going to kill me if I donít figure out how to fix it.

Please donít anyone respond with negative comments of this issue dragging on with no results because I am living it and know.

Thank you for reading!! Please respond with your professional opinion because it is truly appreciated?

Old 03-14-19, 01:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I would like to know if I cut into a wall if a rodent is going to try to get out and how do I cover up the hole I made?
A rodent could come out of an opening but would be more likely to do so if it's left open than while you are opening it up. If possible a rodent in the wall would get away from the noise/activity of you cutting open a hole. Assuming you are talking about drywall - it's fairly easy to repair. Often you can insert a board longer than the hole and screw it top/bottom or side/side to the remaining drywall and then screw the piece you cut off to that board. Attaching plywood over the hole could also be a temporary option.

Old 03-14-19, 07:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Important questions:

Is the rodent bait being eaten?
If so, how often do you have to replace/replenish the rodent bait?
If so, are you finding dead bodies?

Has your friend specifically identified the problem pest? What we need to know is, is it a rat, squirrel, bird, bat, raccoons, etc?

This thread goes back more than a year and if my memory is correct there was an older thread on this same issue. To date, we've seen no picture of the pest, fecal droppings, burrows, evidence/damage. It doesn't take this long to identify an animal/insect problem. Without physical evidence, photos, proper ID then I've pretty much run out of options and answers. Without solid evidence and answers to questions to point us in a proper direction I don't feel that I can be of help anymore. I'm not discouraging others from offering help.

Old 03-14-19, 10:43 AM
First of all thank you for responding!! Iíve been going through this for 3 years now and am totally sick from it. What makes it worse is that I am disabled with a disease much like ALS if you know what that is. I have a husband but heís unable to help due to having a cancer that he wasnít supposed to live but God willing he did. Unfortunately it left him in bad shape.

Now to answer questions:
Marksr I would be cutting into drywall. I do know how to work with drywall but am afraid something(s) will jump out at me or bite me. Iíve always been a strong person in spirit and my husband canít believe I am afraid of rodents. His exact words were, ďI never thought youíd be afraid of rodentsĒ. I guess I let him down but have managed to figure out how to rip up a floor over my crawlspace and have cement poured in. Unfortunately this issue has cost me so much money that I canít afford to have the room put back together and it was a beautiful room.

I also want to know if I can catch a disease from doing it and should I wear hazmat suit, goggles n respirator to cut into the wall. When we pulled the insulation out of the room that was ripped up we used hasmat suits. We started to put the crawlspace back together and laid foam insulation on the plaster water barrier then put regular fiberglass insulation between the studs. Then glued the sub floor down. Thatís as far as the money would take us. Unfortunately I think the rodents are back and in walls and ceiling in that room.

So now Iíll respond to PAbugman but will also apply to some of your questions Mark.

* The rodents are NOT eating the bait. I was going to call the company to find out why but will instead wait to hear back from you guys. That makes me wonder what the neighbor does with his chicken feces.

* Weíve been making sure to check the bait daily. We also have traps out inside boxes. We cut two holes in the boxes just like the ones in the bait boxes.

We werenít able to cut into the walls before now because the walls are 30í high downstairs and if it was cut into

* We havenít found any dead bodies other than the two my husband caught that were in a hole in our back yard.

No one has been able to identify what it is but weíre assuming that itís rats because other rodents donít come in and out day and night. That tells you how overcrowded they are. We have looked high and low for any trace of anything. Iíve sat out in my yard all night long on three occasions in the freezing cold and havenít seen anything. Honestly if it were happening to someone else Iíd be thinking they were crazy n just hearing things. Other people hear it too. I hear them day and night. I havenít slept at night in about 3 years because I am scared that something will bite us or the parrots so I do hear everything that goes on at night. I get cat naps here n ther during the day. We havenít been able to find any droppings anywhere inside or outside. Iíve had 2 exterminators, 2 trappers and the DEM come out to work on this issue and no one can help. We live in an A-Framed house with a flat top roof. Have been through 3 security cameras and still have no clue.

I told you in my last post that I had the ridge vent screened off but left hanging at the ends. I am going to have them closed upbut... Iím worried about whatís left in the house and with the parrots here I a worried that something might finally eat through the wall and get the parrots.

There were burrows around our bulkhead a while back. We covered them up and stomped them down and they are still covered and no new holes.

PAbugman I am discouraged that you donít want to lend at least moral support with this issue as well as discouraging others from doing so as well.

This is exactly why I got PTSD. Because we are at a loss too n everyone is throwing their hands up in the air and doesnít know how to help or doesnít want to go any further to help even though I have paid them very good money and why I am sitting in a house thatís been ripped apart and canít afford to put it back together because I paid all of these people plus more (Cement company, Masonry to lay down the cement while truck was pouring, dumpster to throw away the construction materials from pulling up the floor and broken tiles (we tried to save as many tiles as we could to eventually put the floor back together), rent a place to live for 5 months while room was being worked on plus pay my own mortgage and bills and let exterminators do their job which was basically to sell me marked up bait boxes n bait then just come back to check to see if anything was eating the bait and it was back then, etc...

Iím sure I have more to add but itís a book already.

You donít want to give any more support and have that thought but honestly you donít know how scared I am to live here but have paid my mortgage for 30 years and itís hard to walk away from everything youíve invested in for all these years. Also, we are two very ill people and I used to have a great career n now I feel like Iíve been waterboarded for the past 3 years. With rodents in every wall ceiling n floors. Iím afraid to move around my house because I am terrified that something will decide to just walk out from somewhere. I barely cook anymore because Iím worried sick that something might decide to walk out from under the stove, dishwasher or fridge. Our whole lives have been severely ruined by this. So now you know how Iím feeling about things and might decide to delete this post later because I donít want others to see all of this but honestly I wish that you hadnít discouraged others from lending support because Iím at my lowest I can go and had no other way to let you know without putting it all out there. Sounds traumatic because it is n I canít get these past years of my life back n this will probably what will end up doing me in. Life will never be the same again.

Sorry this is so long.

Old 03-14-19, 03:37 PM
Dj,
We are trying help, but we can't help solve a problem we can't see. You won't or can't send pictures of your house (because the neighbors might see it? Absurd). At least send pics of the inside and areas where you have done some work and areas where there is activity. Do you own a digital camera or a smart phone? If so we can walk you through the process of how to take and send pics. As others have said we have exhausted all our resources based on what you told us. Now we need more information in the form of pictures.

I see you live in Road Island. Have you called the county and health officials for help? We all feel for you but at this point we can't reach. What about asking a neighbor to help take pictures.

Old 03-17-19, 01:24 PM
Norm201 thank you for responding!! What kind of pictures do you need? This is the issue. Iíve paid multiple people to come out but no one can figure out how they are getting in. They are living in all wall cavities, ceilings, etc... We donít know for sure that they are rats but seeing this whole issue began there we are assuming. They go in and out of somewhere mostly at night but sometimes days too. They go out between 3 & 6pm and as far as I can tell they come in and out all night. Have you ever run into a situation where the baseboard heaters and molding has fallen off someoneís walls? We fix them as they are happening because I donít want anything getting into my living space but it just keeps happening.

This has truly ruined my life and Iím doing all I can do to get rid of them.

Can anyone tell me why they arenít eating the bait?

I think part of the problem is we have a pond in our backyard which my husband and I dug many years before I became handicap so the neighbors have the food and we have the water and shelter.

Iíve uploaded a picture of my house. Youíll notice much of the outside of the house is made of wood, a rodents dream. Weíve gone all over the house as well as all those Iíve hired and found no holes. The smaller room in the picture is an addition that was put on the house before we bought it 30 years ago. Thatís the room that we had to pull up the floor and pour cement. Youíll notice the roof goes down to about a foot off the ground. Up at the top of the house where I marked in yellow is the ridge vent that weíve screened off with hardware wire from one end of the house to the other. The ends were left open with screen hanging down many feet so to let rodents out but not back in. The bottom of the house where the roof with shingles goes almost to the ground I put hardware wire underneath 1/8Ē with 1/4Ē over it to insure nothing would get in.

Weíve put security cameras out and see nothing. Most got ruined by the weather.

The IR camera shows rodents in all walls and ceilings. I have cathedral ceilings in my living room and the ceiling has cracked open at the seams and around the fireplace.

Please donít give up on me because I really do need help.

I did go to the town and it was no help. I live in a rural area, very small town.

Attached Images   
Old 03-23-19, 11:20 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? If I cut into a wall and it happens to be bats are they going to fly out? I assume other rodents will take off when they hear the cutting? I need to get this out of my home and get my life back.

Please advise?

Old 03-24-19, 03:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Bats tend to hide in corners until it's safe to move, they aren't very active during the day.

Old 04-14-19, 09:07 AM
A
Hi Mark.
Thank you for responding!! I wrote a big long message back to you and the rest on the forum but lost it and couldnít get it back then gave up. From now on Iíll write it in a text editor and copy and paste into here.a I do believe I have bats but also have something else because bats donít chew. I have a guy who is willing to come cut through my wall but we want to know if we cut into the wall if there are bats in one of the spots we cut into will they fly out at us? We are going to cut into 3 different spots that we know that something is there but want to know if itís the same kind of rodent. I know bats are mammals but I consider them to be rodents at this point. We are really worried that bats will fly a out at us. I know other rodents will run when they hear sounds of cutting.

Old 04-14-19, 09:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Bats are hard to disturb during the day. I've had to forcefully move them off of eaves or whatever in order to paint. If a bat did fly out it's not likely to do much other than scare you.