Stop Mice. Service Cable Entrance

Old 10-07-18, 10:03 AM
Stop Mice. Service Cable Entrance

My m/h has four service cable coming out of the ground. They rise straight up about two feet and enter into 1-1/2 plastic conduit to the breaker box. As soon as fall hits the mice enter. What is the best thing to put in the conduit around the wires ? Putty, foam with hot pepper, mouse stop tape ect. Thanks. GBY !

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-18, 01:29 PM
Id get some of the gray elec putty, most big box stores have it and easy to seal up gaps.

Ive never heard or seem mice chew through that stuff,

Old 10-07-18, 03:51 PM
Pack steel wool in the opening.

Old 10-09-18, 10:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The putty and steel wool suggestions are good. One thing that i'd stay away from is spray in foam as they like to chew that. Steel wool can rust on the side facing the exterior so push it in far enough to not see it well. I've heard of stainless steel wool, available at the larger craft stores.

Another product, if you have more exclusionary work that you want to do, is "Stuff-it" I always have a box on hand. It's copper mesh that does not rust and is so pliable and workable that you can use it as a ball, plug, gap sealer much like backer rod. Cuts with a normal scissors.

If you would ever use it indoors, cut it while holding scissors and stuff-it in a bucket as copper splinters will fly off.

https://www.domyown.com/stuffit-copper-mesh-p-1463.html