white bellied squirrle in my garage

Old 09-10-19, 05:05 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Unhappy white bellied squirrle in my garage

A Small white bellied squirrel has been in my attached garage ,week- I need to get him out. I see him occasionaly----he wants out as bad -as i want him out. I have tried peanut butter on cashews on sticky traps---He still remains !!chewing up our window sills in the garage.I see he was eating bird seed, SHE spilled. What can i do? when a squirrel won't even go out an open- 2-car door at that. bob s
thank you for help poison was an option ,i don't want to kill my best friend my dog thanks for reading this HELP! Bob S

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-19, 05:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 90 Posts
What would happen if you left the windows open?
My attic was open for awhile while I was working on my house and a possum got in. I tried for a couple of days to get him to leave - I finally had to shoot him.

Old 09-10-19, 07:53 AM
Bad part of that would be my windows are painted shut.Hes made a mess of them ~just going crazy trying to get out Far as shooting it i'd hate to shoot the wrong target and bust up the place ...be he o/s i'd chase him down thanks marksr

Heres what i don't get!---i leave the 2 car garage door open. If i be that rodent i'd be headed out right quick- Gota get some more input- shes afraid of him he heh bob s

Last edited by bsa_bob2; 09-10-19 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-10-19, 08:14 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Buy a live trap. In some places the city will loan you one.

Old 09-10-19, 09:04 AM
didn't know that----- most cities in US? bob

I have an oblong large wire cage.Has a trip lever- that shuts the door? right is that a live trap? bob s

about 12" square or close

Old 09-10-19, 09:34 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
That sounds like a live trap Bob. Yes, I meant US cities. There is usually an office like 'animal control', Wildlife & Parks, etc that provide the service

Old 09-10-19, 10:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
It's possible that the squirrel is leaving when the door is up but has another way of getting in/out and is in reality living in the garage, at least part time. Sounds like he found food in the seeds. Make sure all potential food is out of the garage such as the birdseed, pet food, grass seed to minimize attractiveness.

Baiting the live trap will have more appeal when all competing food sources are gone. Make sure the trap can be set off with a "light touch" that a squirrel would make; otherwise you're just feeding him again. Hopefully you will catch him soon. If/when you do, take him far away. If you simply release him outside he will be back quickly if he does have another way in/out.

Old 09-10-19, 10:46 AM
Thank you for the ideas Pbugman will try this bob s

Old 09-10-19, 01:28 PM
Received 52 Votes on 47 Posts
If it really wanted out, like "get me out of here!", it would leave when the door opened, so I agree with what PAbugman. Along with any food sources, I would look for any breaches in the walls to the house and also rummage through any blankets or other nesting places you can think of out there. We keep our bird seed and small amounts of grass seed when we have it in a 30 gallon or whatever size it is Rubbermaid trash can with a sealed lid, and even went so far a couple years ago as to strap it to a two wheel cart that we roll outside to get seed out of it rather than having a chance of any of it getting on the floor.

Old 09-11-19, 12:33 PM
excactly what shes gonna do once we rid our garage of this one.Storage with tight lids nice set of kitchen ; type plastic baking storag for robins to Wrens foods