How to get rid of Moles???

Old 07-27-20, 12:14 PM
T
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
How to get rid of Moles???

I have at least one, but might be a family of Moles tunneling through my front garden. Tried the poison pellets, thought I had him, only to discover more tunnels around the side of my house. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of them? Trying the worm baits now, 10 worms have been placed inside the tunnels and more poison pellets too. Very frustrating to watch all my gardens and one path down my lawn beside my driveway get uprooted every day.

Sponsored Links

Popular Reply

08-03-20, 11:10 AM
tomf63
Just want to update this thread with my success so far. I purchased some Caster Oil Mole Evict from Amazon and sprayed it on my lawn and gardens as directed. Three days later, the activity has slowed way down. I've started in the back of the house and I'm driving them out towards the street. Only activity I saw this morning was down the side of my driveway towards the street. I'll spray more down towards that area tonight and hope the rain from the upcoming storm will wash it into the soil and the Moles out to the woods across the street. So far it's working !!!!

Old 07-27-20, 01:27 PM
Received 370 Votes on 345 Posts
Search the site, there has been at least a half dozen posts recently.

There is no sure fire way, pellets are useless, the worms, I've tried but with no evidence tough to say.

I trap the hell out of them, I'm on a dry streak, haven't gotten one in a year despite valiant efforts!

Did you see the guy on YouTube that has a motor and smokes them out with carbon monoxide, interesting!

And the old wives tale about killing grubs to get rid is fake news, they eat primary worms so got a healthy lawn you get worms and moles!

Old 07-27-20, 04:38 PM
Y
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
Long shot, but.......stomp all the raised tunnels flat some a.m. Now, set up an easy chair and the beverage of your choice and keep an eye out for new or old tunnel movement. If you see one, dig a flat shovel down on the back side and another forward. Mole could be trapped. You can dig it out and.................

tomf63 voted this post useful.
Old 07-29-20, 06:26 AM
T
I'm beginning to think I have a family running around in the tunnels. Might be a long day with a lot of Vodka, but I'll try to catch them.

Old 07-29-20, 08:37 AM
Here is that video I mention!

My suggestion, buy one, give it a try and let us know how well it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efBamV5N-YI

Old 08-03-20, 11:10 AM
T
Just want to update this thread with my success so far. I purchased some Caster Oil Mole Evict from Amazon and sprayed it on my lawn and gardens as directed. Three days later, the activity has slowed way down. I've started in the back of the house and I'm driving them out towards the street. Only activity I saw this morning was down the side of my driveway towards the street. I'll spray more down towards that area tonight and hope the rain from the upcoming storm will wash it into the soil and the Moles out to the woods across the street. So far it's working !!!!

clancy, PAbugman voted this post useful.
Old 08-03-20, 04:00 PM
You also may have heard of home remedies like putting moth balls in the tunnels or spraying castor oil over the area, but none of these are effective. The only sure way to get rid of a mole is to use a mole-specific trap that will kill the animal.
Hate to say but there is no sure cure, just a collection of temp remedies!