Lady bugs

Old 04-21-04, 11:06 PM
H
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lady bugs

My house gets infested with lady bugs or pumpkin beetles, (someone said they arn't true lady bugs) everyone arond here gets them since the last 7 or 8 years, (MA), and the go to the sunny side and love white. I don't think theres a way to seal them out because they get under the vinyl siding through the small drain channels in the vinyl, and find a way in...any ideas?
Is there a preditor?

Old 04-22-04, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good bug vrs Bad bugs

The size of a Lady Byrd beatle they come in all shades of yellow & orange they also bite a little.

When the US Lady Bug a super bug predator started dying off, this is why the Lady Bug from China was imported. Some years the beatles hatch out in very large numbers.

One thing that may help is to use the product expanding uthurane spray filling foam on all outside cracks. The less cracks you have for them to get into in the Fall the more you will have the next spring.

I know the Lady Bug can bug us a little, but the good it does us by helping keep the bad bug pests down, is priceless.

Old 04-22-04, 06:57 PM
H
odor

they also have a very pungent odor when threatened so I usually go throughout the house with a paper cup with warm water and soap. They go to the bottom quickly, I then flush about fifty at a time. My neighbor tried the vac, and it stunk bad, to the point she changed the bag. Do you know if they like to return to their birth place?

Old 04-22-04, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck on your hunting they have become abit of a pest.

Question: Do you know if they like to return to their birth place?

From what I have read they stay in areas where there is food, & since they are a bug eating insect, I have seen peaks & valeys. When they leave they are gone until you have an Aphid outbreak + other bugs they like.

I was going to suggest a vaccum cleaner but they will give off a stink & you need to change your bag & any hepa filters if you leave it in. I have seen very few this season so maybe we will have a light build up before they fly.
The best way to keep them out is to keep them out, by sealing the outside areas of your roof areas.

Old 04-30-04, 06:43 PM
T
Asian Lady Beetles

My mountain cabin (Mongongahelia National Forest in WV) is infested with the lady Asian beetles. It is a wood-sided structure in need of repair and all gaps sealed and repainted. Fortunately, the spring fling, which I witnessed at my visit last weekend, was not as bad in years past. Yet, I have to do some serious spring cleaning. Budget does not allow me to hire someone to caulk and seal all entry points along fascia and soffit and repaint exterior. So, I am left as a little old lady to caulk and seal all exterior entry points and apply residual insecticide barrier, and take other exclusionary measures.

I am looking for volunteers. Any?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: