Commercial Growers?

Old 04-23-04, 02:43 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commercial Growers?

Just as a point of interest, what do the big canning companies/growers use on there bean fields to keep the bugs off and how toxic is it?
Changeling

Old 04-23-04, 09:36 PM
Since 1974 I realized that Mankind had somehow made it by farming for thousands of years without DDT & Agent Orange. That fact got me to wondering.

From then on I decated my studies to compounds that fit into the grand scheme of natures that we chose for so long to protect our food. I only looked at man made Agrecultural synthetic's, for killing our food's pest & their effect on the Earth & it's life forms.

Today many Chemical Pesticides have been banned & people are no longer fooled by "Our Food is the safest in the World". Today we understand that the Cancer's & other desieses that have been on the rise since the 50s had a cause. If it was not this petro Chemical by it's self it was three or five petro Chemicals that mixed together to make Dioxin & PCBs.

Also many Conventionel have turned to Organic because it means higher profits. The real truth was Organic Farmers had to pay 5 times more then the Chemical Farmers so it cost more to produce Organic food.

Today since the new Organic Farming in the US belongs to the Government (USDA ) many Organic products are coming out that had to have been held back so not to help the true Organic Farmers. I mean you would have to be blind not to see this flood of certified Organic Pesticides, herbacides, Fungicides & a sprinkle down non toxic snail & slug killer that just came out called Sluggo.

So at this point in time I don't have a clue as to what a Chemical Farmer would use. The Organic products will cost less & less as time goes on. Yet organic Produce now on the market has trained people to pay more $$$ for Organic. So if it cost's less to grow & you keep the prices up like when it used to cost more to grow it, the Middle Man not the Farmer will make out like bandits.

Old 04-24-04, 02:07 PM
C
I believe we had this conversation a long time ago and I still agree with you. However I sure would like to know what the Commercial guys use so I can tell my neighbors why "I" am growing the way I am! I told them today what you said about "Seven", they were almost in SHOCK, disbelief, one is contacting the state (Maryland) to find out if it is true (Toxic). These guys have been using it for years!!
Changeling

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: