Protecting good predators from pestacides?

Old 05-24-04, 02:23 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Protecting good predators from pestacides?

Hello,

We have a brick home in a wooded area of central Virginia. We often see skinks and toads living in the gardens around our house. Skinks are a small woodland lizard. They're harmless to people and often climb on the house in search of bugs.

I'm afraid that insecticides applied by me or a professional could hurt the skinks and toads especially if they eat bugs killed by sprays. How do I protect the so-called natural predators from pestacides? Or is it not a problem? Thanks in advance

Old 05-26-04, 03:17 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A regular pesticide/insecticide treatment around the perimeter of your home and on your foundation will tend to eliminate insect pests and their predators. This can be a DIY project or you can hire a professional. Make sure all cracks and crevices on exterior of home are eliminated to keep insect pests on the exterior of your home at bay. Eliminating exterior lighting at night or using yellow lights will tend to eliminate bug pests attracted to lights. Closing blinds or curtains to minimize lighting will also alleviate insects attracted to light. Keeping window sills and frames and doors frames and threshold sprayed with residual insecticide tends to eliminate insect pests from entering structure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: