Bees under my front entrance

Old 08-16-04, 07:47 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bees under my front entrance

I have bees under the step of my front entryway. There is a hole where the vinyl meets the wood. I tried Sevin Dust 5%, shooting it with an empty water bottle. It didnt' work and the bees seem even more numerous. Is there any other way to get rid of them? Am i using the right stuff?

Old 08-16-04, 10:09 PM
What kind of bees do we have?

Is this a hive of Honey bees? Yellow jackets? Do a search on www.google.com Start with Honey bee first.

If what you have is the American Honey Bee, then get in the phone book call Farm & Feed supplys, & ask for the Ph# of a Bee keeper in your area. They will come out, & remove bees, & all then put back your siding.

Due to a parasite both in the Wild, & tame American honey bees, it is in grave danger of becoming extinct in our lifetime. It is important to get ahold of a Beekeeper when you see a swarm forming a Ball of Bees in a tree. Or if you have a Swarm take up a home in your attic, just make sure they are the 1/2" inch long honey bee not a 1"inch long bumble bee.

Bring back a picture in a link of what it is, & I can tell you how to get rid of, or find a good home for what it is. Beekeepers have meds that rid the Bees of this parasite, & if we are lucky our Grand childern will have honey bees in their gardens.

Old 08-17-04, 01:41 PM
P
they are yellowjackets

What's the best way to get rid of them?

Old 08-18-04, 07:58 AM
I used about 4 cans of wasp and hornet killer that gives you like a 10' shot and killed an entire nest of yellow jackets a month ago.

Old 08-18-04, 11:08 PM
A more permant solution

If you see where they are comming out you can get a product & after dark put the tube into the hole & fill in all open spaces with Great Stuff large area filler.

Tell the home improvement person you want the great stuff that expands the most to fill big spaces. All 3 forumulas are on each can. Once you get it full have a bag & with the can upright clean the tube & nozzle like turning a paint spray can only right side up for the foam. If it takes the whole can use the whole can

Watch for a few days & if they are still comming out do it again with a new can or the rest of the first. This polyurthane foam can be trimmed & painted if needed.

Our House was built in 51 & we have killed out & prevented them from comming back by finding the entrance or a hole & tunnel then foaming it.

PS Use a red filter on the flashlight or don't point the beam right into the hole as YJ warriors wake quickly. Once the foam starts that's it for the whole nest unless there is another hole. I have never had to foam a nest more than twice, most times just once gets them.

Old 09-09-04, 10:23 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bees

Seal all cracks and crevices in your structure to prevent invasion from insect and rodent pests. Treat foundation and perimeter of lawn around foundation with residual insecticide on a monthly basis to keep insect pests and predators at bay. You can "puff" powdered insecticide into cracks and crevices or inject wasp/hornet spray to eliminate bees and wasps and similar pests, but as long as you have cracks and crevices that provide an environment attractive to such pests, you will have an on-going problem. Seal all cracks and crevices and eliminate the problems with insect and rodent pests and their predators.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: