Little Black Worms in Bathtub??

Old 10-06-04, 10:53 AM
lovemyjeep
Visiting Guest
Little Black Worms in Bathtub??

Today I found about 7 little black centipede-like worms on the edge of my bathtub. I don't know if they were coming from the grout or from one of the jacuzzi jets. Regardless, they are about _____ < -- this long and the longest ones have a little bit of white fuzziness on the last 3rd of them.

Bleach seemed to kill them, but what are they? They were underneath my shampoo bottle, too. But they weren't there yesterday.

Help! It's gross!

Thank you!

p.s. I'm on a septic system and it was pumped about 2 weeks ago.

Old 10-08-04, 02:27 PM
lovemyjeep
Visiting Guest
Thank you to whoever moved this to the right forum.

Hopefully someone will know something!

Old 10-08-04, 05:57 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Drain Fly

Perhaps you discovered the larvae or pupae of drain flies. They are associated with moist, highly organic areas such as sink drains, sewage treatment facilities, storm drains, sewers, rotten vegetation, and dung. As adults they appear to be hairy little moths. Cleaning out drains is the best control measure to eliminate organic debris. An enzyme cleaner for drains can be found in plumbing aisles of home centers. The enzymes must be given time to digest the scum inside drains.

Old 10-11-04, 06:33 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
Down here in NC we have had a terrible time with little centepedes. The exterminators tell me it is just the weather and they are coming out of the woodwork. They like moisture which might explain why they like your tub.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: