mouse in wall

Old 10-18-04, 07:08 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mouse in wall

If the mouse is trapped inside the wall, you will continue to hear him at night until he gives up or finds a way out. Mice are more active at night. Turn on some relaxing music when you go to bed so you won't have to listen to the little pest.

Watch for mouse droppings inside the home, just in case one got in. If so, place snap traps along baseboards with trigger facing baseboard. Inspect perimeter of house to make sure there are no cracks or holes where insects and mice can enter. Mice love bird seed and pet food. Don't leave out pet food dishes and move feeder away from the house.

Last edited by twelvepole; 10-18-04 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-19-04, 09:32 AM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, TinaBanana, I accidentally wrote over your post. My DIY is not working correctly and I have no Reply Button for responding to posts. I am using the Quote Button. I must have used the Edit Button on your post. Again, I am sorry about that.

Old 10-20-04, 07:08 AM
T
i have a mouse stuck in my wall and he scratches in the same spot everynight.

we put in an addition to the house this summer, and i found some holes that were left open. so i closed everything up.
and setup up some traps.

the traps have been up for several days and nothing.
i dont think he's able to get out of the wall.....or if he comes and goes its not from inside the house.
i cant find any other holes in the house from outside.

the scrachting is really driving me insane.

i thought about drilling a hole in the wall where i hear the scratching and putting in some poison. but since this is 2-3 feet from my bed, i wouldnt want to think about the smell that might some from it.

another idea i had was to maybe shoot the wall full of that expandable foam.
i dont care if it takes 2-3 can....maybe it would fill the space he is using he couldnt return there.

what do you guys think?

Old 10-20-04, 10:48 AM
T
Poison is not a good idea because a dead mouse means odor. If the mouse is trapped in the wall, then you are going to have to deal with the odor when it does die.

Old 10-25-04, 01:15 PM
A
Arn
Are you sure it's a stuck mouse? Bats will travel through a wall to gain access or to exit your home. I had bats coming in at the peak of the house but they lived in the dark musty basement crawl space. A mouse trap with peanut butter works great if you suspect the mouse or whatever can get into your living area.

Old 11-07-04, 09:58 PM
T
Mouse in wall

Bats tend not to make scratching noises. They sleep all day. Fly about at night to feed and head home to land in their special places.

Bats must do most of their bathroom work while they sleep because I know where every bat sleeps in my warehouse. To seal them out would be next to impossible for me because of the way the warehouse is constructed, my limited budget, my old body, etc. Sorry, I'd love to get rid of my bats, but they are doing community service & I am a mega community service volunteer. I let them thrive in my warehouse, despite requisite knowledge re: bats. I wear a mask when I sweep the warehouse. Thank goodness they are migratory bats and leave when the weather turns cold. And, it's too cold in the warehouse to clean up anyway.

As best as I can tell I mostly have small brown bats. Although I fell asleep one night here and was being dive-bombed by a large black bat. I screamed, covered up my head, and turned off the lights. When I heard no more noise from the bat I turned on the lights and went in search of it with the broom. I never found it. Good thing for him. The wicked witch would have slammed him with her broom. He must have escaped the same way he came in from the warehouse.

TinaBanana, did you resolve your mouse issues? Please keep us posted!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: