Chipmunks damage

Old 02-01-05, 06:30 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chipmunks damage

I have a chipmunk problem....the chipmunks have been digging tunnels near the foundation of my house. At first, we thought they were cute, but now I can see the damage and nuisance they cause and you just want to destroy them!

With respect to the potential damage, can chipmunks damage a poured 6" concrete foundation wall? What about PVC sewer and copper water suppy lines that are buried about 4' feet below and enter at bottom of the foundation? My foundation is about 4' below grade and all the tunnels entrances are at base of the foundation walls. What about natural gas, phone, and cable conduits/lines?

I would appreciate any and all information....I may have to start taking drastic action to eradicate this hazard.

I would prefer to use some strong poision (my apologies to nature lovers in advance) pellets as I don't have other pets or small children in the house. Any recommendations on the poision to use and where I can find it? Should I contact a pest control company?

Thanks to all in advance.

Tom

Old 02-05-05, 08:17 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Chipmunk populations can quickly grow and get out of control. Because they tend to be picky eaters, poison baits tend not to be effective. Trapping is the most effective control measure.

You might find the following thread helpful http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=167745

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: